E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CCC bluetooth music stream?

01-04-2021, 09:03 AM   #1
markob
Private
Rep
Drives: e90

CCC bluetooth music stream?

my only idea is that i can stream music trough original bluetooth from my phone to CCC. I dont need anything else. Now i have auxin and some cheap bluetooth in it.

So i assume that bluetooth module needs to be from car wich had same CCC as mine, in my case proffesional?
I am interested in original bluetooth module couse it has wire harnes already done and moduls are pretty cheap to buy. Others dension and similar prodict are expensiver.

Second question:
But if i would someday be interested in some more functions i got question, is it possible to have bluetooth module that is possible to control phone internet radio trough steering MF keys, for play stop and forward backward track commands?
Ive noticed that on newer cars and it works just fine. I assume that functions are possible in never versions of bluetooths?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:42 AM   #2
eku1s
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i M Sport 2011 LCI

I don't believe the MULF bluetooth module (which is what you'd need for the CCC) ever supported bluetooth streaming. I believe you'll need a combox for this, which to my knowledge requires a CIC.

Unless you're willing to retrofit a CIC and combox, I think you're probably out of luck.

A Parrot is another option if you want to go for an aftermarket approach.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 03:27 PM   #3
AWD Addict
Chief Executive
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi 6spd Coupe

Garage List
2008 335xi  [0.00]
I use the Tune2Air. Plugs into the AUx port, and connects to my phone via bluetooth.

Steering wheel buttons all work. Only negative is that the playlist isn't visible on screen.

dR
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #4
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

I just use a cheap bluetooth audio adapter. There's a cigarette lighter socket under the center armrest for power, conveniently right next to the 3.5mm aux input.

I'm not sure about all phones, but on mine I have it configured so that only phone calls go to the car's MULF bluetooth connection and all media goes to the aftermarket adapter. It works perfectly. I can stream music and when a call comes in, the car takes over playing audio through the car's system and using the car's microphone. As soon as the call ends, music playback immediately resumes.

The only downside is that you have to use your phone to control the music, but I prefer this. E90 vents are well designed for a vent clip phone holder, and my phone's multimedia capabilities and navigation capabilities are much more advanced than the CCC system.
Appreciate 0