E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > German friends - Help Buying an E91 LCI M-Paket 320D

11-20-2019, 04:57 AM   #1
MSport_Jon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 F25 LCI /// F80 M3 (SOLD)

German friends - Help Buying an E91 LCI M-Paket 320D

Hello Friends,

Hope everyone is doing all right. I am posting to see if i could get help from the German community that has experience buying diesel wagons. I would like to know what your experiences are in regard to the mighty e91 LCI wagon 320D in automatic transmission and the things buyers must look for. This car will be primarily for my wife to drive. and safety should be priority and second will be reliability.

Do germans have the equivalent of carfax not eu wide but in germany?

Last edited by MSport_Jon; 12-09-2021 at 06:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2021, 01:55 PM   #2
daniel_schloegl33
Registered
Rep
Drives: e91

Well I own a 318d with the N47 Motor. biggest issue ist the timing chain, the break

So if you want to get a Diesel check for noise coming from the timing chain, if it has been replaced it should be ok. but thats quit a lot of work, or costs a little bit.

Thats the only Problem I had 240 000 km. Suspension ist good, brakes are good, body is good, good car
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2021, 02:06 AM   #3
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSport_Jon View Post
Hello Friends,

Hope everyone is doing all right. I am posting to see if i could get help from the German community that has experience buying diesel wagons. I would like to know what your experiences are in regard to the mighty e91 LCI wagon 320D in automatic transmission and the things buyers must look for. This car will be primarily for my wife to drive. and safety should be priority and second will be reliability.

Do germans have the equivalent of carfax not eu wide but in germany?
the cars in europe has its history recorded in official dealer network
so if car was serviced at official service, these records and recalls jobs will be recorded, but to retrieve them you need to have title analog in hand
the logbook also exist in every EU car, but it not always filled after warranty period end.
the good compromise is to look for cars from leasing from such shops like autohus.de, because while car is on leasing it is usually have records and good condition
keep in mind that in europe the mileage of the cars is more affect to the price then date of manufacture
for the N47 cars i believe that these engines have 3 revisions in e9x and i advised only 2011 year made car
keep in mind that MY designation also differ from USA and UK, in Germany there is no such definition and only one date, the date when car manufactured is recorded in VIN and this date define model it is pre-lci or lci
      11-17-2021, 02:42 AM   #4
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

The latest revision of timing gear parts for the N47 was 2013 if I remember rightly, so it's possible to buy an e91 with them from the factory. So you'll want to be sure they've been done by a BMW dealer after 2013, or factor in the cost of having them done yourself - it's an engine out job.
Appreciate 1