E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Intermittent power loss, stalling and long crank

10-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #1
surferc
Rep
Drives: 2011 328 xiT

Intermittent power loss, stalling and long crank

Looking to harness the collective brain power of the group. My 2011 328xiT manual transmission (68,000 miles) is "under the weather":

Started a few weeks ago, I noticed when I step on the accelerator around +-3000 rpm, the car would not accelerate for a couple seconds. The RPM seems to stay or may even slightly decrease before it start to climb and accelerate again.

Now, the car would randomly stall at intersections and starting the car takes 6-7 cranks. (the starter was just replaced in the last couple of weeks). When the car starts again, I have to give it a lot more gas to give the engine from stalling. The dealership claims the long crank in starting is caused by a fault in the crankshaft position sensor. They don't see any other fault codes and have to idea what is causing the stalling and the lack of power.

Any ideas what is causing the stalling and the intermittent lack of power?

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0