E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Pairing Issue - 2011 335d

06-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
GaryE30
COAL FED
Rep
Drives: 335d, M3, X5

Bluetooth Pairing Issue - 2011 335d

So when I got my car a few months ago my iPhone linked up very easily with the car. Since then I have gotten into the car every day and was immediately able to get Bluetooth connectivity with no issues.

On Wednesday, I was playing Pandora over the Bluetooth connection on my commute to work and my battery was low so I connected my USB cable to the phone and port in the center console. At that point, the phone instantly jumped from a Bluetooth connection to a wired USB connection and started to play the tunes from the USB connection.

Since then I have not been able to connect via Bluetooth at all.

I have cycled the Bluetooth option on and off on the Phone.
I have rebooted the phone.
I have removed the BMW from the phone's known Bluetooth connections.
I have removed the phone from the BMW's stored devices.

The two devices are communicating because they are both aware when the Bluetooth signal is on or off. I have not been able to get a passkey to enter on either device.

Has anyone had this issue before and how to resolve it?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #2
LLW273
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Sport DCT NAV Sunroof

Bluetooth Pairing Issue - 2011 335d

The same thing happened to me when I bought my 2011 335i a couple of months ago, I tried the USB connection out of curiosity and ended up with the same issue you have.

In addition to what you've already tried I reconnected the USB and powered off the phone while the car/stereo was still active hoping this might drop the connection between the two.

Can't say that this was the cure but I did eventually get BT to reconnect.

I did think it was cool having the song artwork appear on the Nav screen but is the sound quality improved using USB ?, I didn't try it again seeing how difficult it was to restore BT,
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 01:46 PM   #3
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Bluetooth connection in Idrive exist in two sections, Telephone and CD
you should check Bluetooth connection in CD part, select your phone and press option key on idrive, after that you can check what types of the bluetooth data configured with phone.