E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > BlueTooth/ Airenabler Confusing

06-24-2015, 03:11 AM   #1
jyjimenez3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e90

BlueTooth/ Airenabler Confusing

Hey guys im a noob so please dont bash me haha but, I would like to know if this set up would work before buying the Airenabler

So i currently jail broken my iphone to share my personal hotspot with my ipad mini in my car. But im currently constructing a mount and would like to know if i can air play(using airenabler) through my ipad mini while its on my iphone hots spot.

From the post that ive read the airenabler is superior when it comes to sound quality.

so Bluetooth would be my last option.

Thank!!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2015, 04:43 AM   #2
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 328i e93 alpine white

i just tried using my iphone hotspot with my airport express (airplay) and android tablet in the car yesterday and it didn't work. once i connected to my tablet via bluetooth for hotspot, it kicks me off the wifi network that connects me to the airport express for airplay.
iPhone 6 Plus (iTunes library/iTunes radio/Waze, etc) to Airport Express via AirPlay. Toslink out of Airport Express to Helix P-Six DSP. PHD AF 1.C tweeters, PHD FB 4.1 midranges. Jehnert Door Cards and mid-bass'.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 09:24 AM   #3
jyjimenez3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathematics View Post
i just tried using my iphone hotspot with my airport express (airplay) and android tablet in the car yesterday and it didn't work. once i connected to my tablet via bluetooth for hotspot, it kicks me off the wifi network that connects me to the airport express for airplay.
aww i was hopping you can. but supposedly for apple user using ios 8 can airplay with out wifi. so i was thinking maybe i can airplay using my ipad mini with out wifi.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 09:38 AM   #4
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyjimenez3 View Post
aww i was hopping you can. but supposedly for apple user using ios 8 can airplay with out wifi. so i was thinking maybe i can airplay using my ipad mini with out wifi.
I'm not 100% sure, but I only read that about the newer apple tv's. Maybe it will work with the air enabler, but I have no Idea.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 03:26 PM   #5
jyjimenez3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not 100% sure, but I only read that about the newer apple tv's. Maybe it will work with the air enabler, but I have no Idea.
Yea that's true. I think its only for the new Apple tv and I doubt the air enabler is up todate since they were first produced.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #6
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyjimenez3 View Post
Yea that's true. I think its only for the new Apple tv and I doubt the air enabler is up todate since they were first produced.
Just get an Apple TV instead. It's only $70 anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 04:58 PM   #7
jyjimenez3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just get an Apple TV instead. It's only $70 anyway.
So I just tested it with the Apple TV using my tv and it works . So for My tv this was the set up. So I set up a hotspot using my iPhone 6 so my iPad can use the the wifi from my phone . Than I connected the iPad mini to the Apple tv wth out using wifi!!! So that means the Apple TV air play won't kick you out of your wifi even if your using a hotspot !!!Awesome now I'm going to buy the airport express .

This only work if you have iOS 8.1 or the latest
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #8
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep

Wait, so why are you buying an airport express?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #9
jyjimenez3
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Airport express already has the aux input attached wth it compare to the Apple TV that doesn't you'll have to buy a optical wire and a dac converter.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2015, 05:24 PM   #10
mathematics
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yea but you can't use the airport express like you just used the Apple TV without getting kicked off. You won't be able to use the hotspot off your phone and stream via AirPlay to the airport express via the iPad. Unless you're trying to do something else?
Appreciate 0