E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > 06 325xi lightly "Shimmies" when stopped at red light

03-11-2019, 02:37 PM   #1
ouderkirk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
06 325xi lightly "Shimmies" when stopped at red light

Hello everyone,

I bought a used (automatic) 325xi with 64k miles back in Nov 2018, after my Toyota was taken out at a red light.

The car is in AMAZING condition and drives very smooth, but I am noticing that a few seconds after I come to a stop at a red light I feel a light shake or shimmy.

It feels to me like the car is down shifting.

It stops after a few seconds and I never hear anything.

Before I bought the car I saw (on the Carfax) it had a "transmission oil change" around 57k. I called the shop that was listed..... (they had been performing the work on this car since the dealership warranty expired)

The shop owner was very nice and gave me some additional information.

The "transmission oil change" was a "control sleeve" leak..... I think that is the name.... it's where the electronics come into the transmission.

I have seen post on here about people saying the braking system was causing something similar, but the dealerships said it is up to date on recalls.... and I had the dealership do the brake line flush.

It feels like a downshifting thing, but I would love to hear from the community on this one.

Last edited by ouderkirk; 03-11-2019 at 02:55 PM..
Appreciate 0