E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 328i - SULEV (PZEV) 150k 15 year warranty coverage

03-19-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
waltater75
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i

328i - SULEV (PZEV) 150k 15 year warranty coverage

Hey guys, I am new to this forum. I own a 2010 328i that is covered under the SULEV (PZEV) 15year / 150k warranty.

My understanding is that the warranty should cover all engine and engine related components. So far, I replaced the gas tank due to failure as well as the cylinder head gasket due to an oil leak.

The oil leak was fixed at my local BMW dealership which initially rejected the fact that I even have a warranty. They said they never heard of it and there is no way it covers anything. Only after many calls to headquarters they finally acknowledged the warranty, the dealership filed a claim with the warranty department and eventually fixed the leak.

A few months have passed and I recently opened the hood to find engine oil splattered all over the tensioner pulley as well as elsewhere - unlike before, the leak is now clearly visible and worse than its ever been.

I took the car back to BMW to complain the the issue isn't fixed - they said that during my first visit to fix the initial oil leak, they 'recommended' also replacing the 'oil filter housing gasket' and replacing 'the pulley' as oil has leaked over it - they only partially fixed of the oil leak under warranty - as the other engine-related oil filter gasket aren't covered under warranty.

I find this to be absurd, the warranty covers a long list of engine and engine-related components. I feel like these parts should be covered as well. My service advisor at the dealership is everything but helpful and does everything to dismiss any warranty coverage time and time again - making it a battle to make any progress in submitting these parts over to warranty.

My question is, does anyone else have this warranty? if so is there an official non-dealership way to verify what is/isn't covered under this warranty? If the part is not listed, is there any option for me to complain to the BMW warranty department directly?

Note, the gasket itself cost $48, they quoted me $600+ to replace it and I just don't feel its right considering I have the car under warranty - I feel like they should at least try to see if its covered - they aren't even willing to check.

Headquarters said my best bet is to email customer relations, although that route doesn't seem promising.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #2
kkasson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i, 08 BMW 528i

You can find the full list of covered parts in the warranty booklet here: https://www.bmwusa.com/content/dam/b...ty_booklet.pdf

It's the rightmost column of the chart on pages 38-40. The oil filter housing gasket isn't covered, unfortunately.
Appreciate 0