E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > N54 engine shake @ idle & revs going to 750 rpm?

07-06-2017, 03:25 AM   #1
335i_MarlindF
Registered
Albania
Rep
Drives: 335i, silver, manual (12/2006)

N54 engine shake @ idle & revs going to 750 rpm?

Hello guys, how are you doing?
New to the forum so sorry if I may not write stuff properly. I hope you guys can help me out with my car. I have a 12/2006 335i (bought it used and has around 126.000 km) and I'm having these problems with it:

1) When the car is idling I can feel the engine shake irregularly. Like it could be ok for maybe 3-4 seconds and than I feel this sudden shake of the engine which comes and goes away.

2) Secondly besides the shaking when the oil temp is rising...so say around 80 oC the idle suddenly goes up from the normal 600 rpm to about 750 rpm and doesn't go back, unless I switch the car on and off. When I do that the idle goes back to 600 rpm but than after a few seconds it still goes to 750 rpm. Very weird I don't get it ???

The check engine light's on all the time and it only shows one code: 002A19 which is the code for Tank-venting valve, activation. I don't exactly know what this error is related to but I plan to do smth about fixing that. But I'm not rushing with it because my mechanic told me that it shouldn't be related to the 2 main issues I'm having.
Anyone has had similar symptoms like these? Or anyone has any idea to what the problem is related to at least? Any reply is appreciated...Thanks guys!

Also here are some of the servicing and mods I have done to the car:
- new spark plugs (6x OEM Bosch)
- new coil packs (6x OEM Eldor)
- new clutch (from LuK)
- just changed oil, oil filter and air filter
Mods:
- JB4
- Catless downpipes
Appreciate 0