E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 0041F2 fault code 325d 2007 e92

11-27-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
Kjb1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325d e92, e61 525d, e28 525e

0041F2 fault code 325d 2007 e92

Hi all, need a bit of advice. I have fault code 0041F2 fault code up, which I think relates to my electric fan. Here is what I know:

Car had dpf error codes up, I have managed to clear these now via 6 x new glow plugs, new glow controller, 2 x thermostats, fresh coolant, oil change, air filter change, fuel filter change along with the fuel filter heater replaced!!!

Got every fault code out bar this one, so annoying. I can enter INPA and initiate a test activation on the fan, and it runs up lovely no issues, sounds fine aswell.

Just keeps coming back in, apparently its communication interruption ??? Any ideas please gents?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2018, 12:24 PM   #2
Kjb1
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325d e92, e61 525d, e28 525e

Well for anyone looking ( this forum seems pretty poor in terms of replies, helpfulness will be honest.) I found the fault, I took air intake pipework off to remove the electric fan today, to look at the fan motor controller ( read numerous posts elsewhere indicating corrosion at the connections ). Any how, as I was looking at top of fan, I looked at the loom coming across the top, noticed that there was a nick in the exterior insulation holding all three cables together, and there was a green tinge around the nick. Peeling it all back revealed damage to the signal cable ( thin black one off the dme ) I could see severe corrosion very green copper corrosion, and it had eaten right through cable. Stripped back, re-soldered, heat shrinked, and cleared fault code, set the aircon to coldest at full speed, started car, and first time ever!!! the fan is running!!!! easy cheap fix!!! hope this helps someone.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2018, 01:36 AM   #3
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjb1 View Post
Well for anyone looking ( this forum seems pretty poor in terms of replies, helpfulness will be honest.) I found the fault, I took air intake pipework off to remove the electric fan today, to look at the fan motor controller ( ra mechead numerous posts elsewhere indicating corrosion at the connections ). Any how, as I was looking at top of fan, I looked at the loom coming across the top, noticed that there was a nick in the exterior insulation holding all three cables together, and there was a green tinge around the nick. Peeling it all back revealed damage to the signal cable ( thin black one off the dme ) I could see severe corrosion very green copper corrosion, and it had eaten right through cable. Stripped back, re-soldered, heat shrinked, and cleared fault code, set the aircon to coldest at full speed, started car, and first time ever!!! the fan is running!!!! easy cheap fix!!! hope this helps someone.
it is slower than other forums,,but maybe nobody knew and didnt want to guess at possible causes..but well done on the fix,,no doubt bmw or mechanic would of charged an arm and a leg..also post in non uk section,,get loads more response
Appreciate 0