E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > e90 Power Folding Mirror Retrofit Issues

09-07-2022, 06:55 PM   #1
Broxi55
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70, BMW 320D E90

e90 Power Folding Mirror Retrofit Issues

Ok, So i followed a thread on here. and thought i was going well. till the point were my mirrors do NOT work at all.

The old ones at lease i could adjust after i fitted these i get nothing cannot adjust them in the car let alone get them to fold.

So as i had complete car that was going for scrap i took working folding mirrors, along with many other items to retrofit.
(CIC Nav, FRM3, LED rear lights, HID headlights, Main beam assist)

I took both front door looms out and fitted just passenger one initially but after all failed i went ahead and used drivers too.

I added a wire to the passenger side loom from rear of fusebox i took the wire from pin 8 on connector X256 on the Donor car, that went to the fuse box. and put it to pin 8 on connector X256 of my car and connected to my Fusebox. Connector X11002 Fuse

I also took the wire from pin 6 on connector X256.

i removed the loom out of the donor Car (Pain in the ass to get out behind heater) cut the tape and removed the wire from the loom and taped it to my loom.

Put into Pin 6 of connector X256 on my car, and run to the FRM_87 module. Connector X14260 pin 22.

At this point my mirrors stopped working. old mirrors were 6 wire new only 3.

done the code $313 to the CAS and NFRM. if i load from CAS, NFRM or FRM now it shows my car has $313 along with the other coding options i have added in.

I have cleared my man file, and then reset module and restored my VO again.

But mirrors do NOT work.

I also added Navigation I copied the VO from the Donor car. so I am 100% certain i used the right codes.

I used ISTA+ to view options from the CAS on Both cars.

Yet when i load my car with the new items fitted my Navigation shows RED in ISTA.
But the CIC and CICGW show up in Green.

I think the navigation may be because i need to add my vin. but not 100% sure.

I will be doing that when my ICOM Next that i have ordered arrives.

But right now i need help to work out the mirror issue.

It may or may NOT be related but i do have another post about my outer rear tail lights not working. this was a problem before i started any retrofit, so NOT a bi product of something i done. but no ouptut from the FRM to the rear outer lights. although they did come on for a short while tonight. I did NOT think to test my mirrors during this time.

any help or advice would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2022, 04:26 AM   #2
Broxi55
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70, BMW 320D E90

Update.

I got another JBBF and now the mirrors are working
Appreciate 2
dar2008302.50