E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > e90 Cas related issue

08-26-2019, 05:56 AM   #1
gogoshkin12
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30 M-Sport "15

e90 Cas related issue

Hello guys, I bought e90 320d M47 Automatic with cas 3 in it, had to do a key due to all were lost, after doing that the cas was cranking the car, but wouldn't start the engine, I had a spare key, Cas and ecu from automatic and swapped them just to see if it will become alive and it did. Ran couple of times and now it's showing only the key not recognized with every cas unit plugged in, all the cas, keys etc has been tried on my other e90 with the same engine, but manual and everything operational.
I'd appreciate any thoughts
Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2019, 12:12 AM   #2
gogoshkin12
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d F30 M-Sport "15

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogoshkin12 View Post
Hello guys, I bought e90 320d M47 Automatic with cas 3 in it, had to do a key due to all were lost, after doing that the cas was cranking the car, but wouldn't start the engine, I had a spare key, Cas and ecu from automatic and swapped them just to see if it will become alive and it did. Ran couple of times and now it's showing only the key not recognized with every cas unit plugged in, all the cas, keys etc has been tried on my other e90 with the same engine, but manual and everything operational.
I'd appreciate any thoughts
Thank you
Pretty much narrowed down the issue to a faulty data cable between the start/stop button - key reader - cas module.

Thanks
Appreciate 0