E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > CashedUpBogan's 07 AT E93 335i thread

11-17-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: State Transit Bus

CashedUpBogan's 07 AT E93 335i thread

I wasn't going to start one of these threads because I honestly thought I was going to keep the car stock when I purchased it. I swear! So here's my little story:

Dad has wanted a convertible for the past 15 years but it wasn't a practical option. Mum passed away 18 months ago but he doesn't want to sell her Captiva for sentimental reasons. I bought his 2007 Clubsport R8 at the start of the year for an absolute bargain when he upgraded to the new Gen F HSV GTS, and he doesn't think it makes sense to have three cars, pay three lots of rego and insurance and maintenance. Makes sense I guess!

So I was kind of sick of the HSV R8 (although I do miss the low down instantaneous torque a 6 litre v8 gives) and was looking at E92 335is and came across the E93s and decided to get one so that dad could drive it.

After I picked up the car, a few days later I unfortunately had to leave for Vegas. During these few days, I did a bit of research and not long after, the idea of remaining stock was thrown out the window as I discovered VRSF.

As my QF flight allowed 2 x 23kg allowance, I decided that I would "save" money by having parts sent to my hotel, and then bring them back! And thus, I placed an order for a few juicy parts!

Since getting back, I have also joined these forums and purchased a whole bunch of other parts that have yet to go on the car! I've bought some maintenance parts and small cosmetic items.

I am going to Advan tomorrow to get a few small things done. After my visit to Advan/BMR tomorrow, I will have spent well over 10K in the space of one month in parts alone! What the actual FUCK happened to being stock?!

So here are all the items I have bought (and will have by Wednesday) so far that aren't even on the bone stock car yet:

Bosch Ignition coils
Bosch Spark plugs
Bosch wiper blades
HPFP
Water Pump
Thermostat
VRSF FMIC
VRSF Catless Downpipes
VRSF Charge pipe
AFe Stage 2 CAI
MFactory LSD
iPE valvetronic exhaust
LED foglights
Interior LEDs
M-Colour grilles
BMWhat + bluetooth dongle
1M bumper + CF lip
Oneighty NYC custom LED rings
JB4 G5 ISO
BMS oil catch can
LCI tail lights

Last edited by CashedUpBogan; 11-17-2014 at 08:55 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:13 AM   #2
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Sorry to hear about your mum man.

But dayum! look at those list of mods in a space of one month, very tasteful. Can't wait to see the progress of this project and some photos.

You've got what they call Mod Syndrome
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:16 AM   #3
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Awesome list of goodies, can we get some before and after pics?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #4
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

No pictures of the car as it is FILTHY at the moment! Had her detailed the day I left, but the car is parked uncovered and hasn't been cleaned since then. Also, in the two weeks that I was away, the wheels copped some attention. When I came home, one of the first things dad asks me is "hey, by the way, were all four wheels badly scratched on your car when you left?"

And thus he has offered to pay for them to get repaired. I'm gonna sell the cheap and then look for a cheap set of 19s or 20s for the time being with the repair money and the money I get from selling them.

EDIT: Found one pic I uploaded to FB from my mobile the second night of ownership after dinner. I nearly got run over by a car because I was just standing in the middle of the road throwing her shy smiles and passionate glances

Last edited by CashedUpBogan; 11-17-2014 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #5
fo55il
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i

Wtf.... no mod to shopping cart full lel
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:45 AM   #6
Testercles
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335iA

Can't wait to watch the progress. You just listed my next couple of years of planned mods, haha.

Current: 2008 E90 335iA Sparkling Graphite Metallic
Past: 2009 E90 LCI 323iA Black Sapphire Metallic, 2005 E46 325iA Black Sapphire Metallic, 1992 E34 535iA Glacier Blue
BMW Driver's Club of South Australia member
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2014, 07:49 AM   #7
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Sorry to hear about your mum passing mate. Sounds like your ol boy has good taste in cars! What do you think of his new GTS, I haven't driven one yet but I must say the latest gen HSV is their best yet!

Hmm I know all too well what its like to think this is a great car stock yet then months later spend a shitload on mods!

Will be good to hear your IPE dude when you have her fitted!

Who are you getting to detail your car?

P.S sorry for the miss-communication I thought you were going to advan on Wed!?!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:57 AM   #8
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTN View Post
Sorry to hear about your mum man.

But dayum! look at those list of mods in a space of one month, very tasteful. Can't wait to see the progress of this project and some photos.

You've got what they call Mod Syndrome
Thanks man.

I have more planned this month but I think I might reign in the spending. Geting out of control. I nearly bought a single turbo kit last night. FML.

I think I have SPENDING Syndrome. I have very little self control. A month or so ago, I was really into remote control cars. I've spent 6 months in the hobby and have about 6 or 7 cars and spent thousands and thousands in spares, tools, hopups, motors etc. Now I'm over RC and into modding a real car, except the costs are ten fold!

Ideally I'd like my car looking as schmick as your car is mate!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #9
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Sorry to hear about your mum passing mate. Sounds like your ol boy has good taste in cars! What do you think of his new GTS, I haven't driven one yet but I must say the latest gen HSV is their best yet!

Hmm I know all too well what its like to think this is a great car stock yet then months later spend a shitload on mods!

Will be good to hear your IPE dude when you have her fitted!

Who are you getting to detail your car?

P.S sorry for the miss-communication I thought you were going to advan on Wed!?!

Shane technically it is tomorrow as I wrote that all after midnight! I am going to Advan "tomorrow", Wednesday. Get off the forum and reply to my SMS haha!!!

Yeah dad had a V8 Statesman and a modded MY08 WRX together before the R8! THe new GTS is an amazing car. Build quality is still very questionable, but the amount of tech in it, the 430kW, the road presence. He was considering an E400 but it was pretty fucking boring for $140k! When dad takes my car, I'll take the GTS and bring it over to your place and you can have a quick fang.

The iPE will be without mid cats and coupled with catless DPs, it's as close to a straight pipe as it'll get.

If you wanna hear what it's gonna sound like, go to ATTNs iPE exhaust for sale thread
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:08 AM   #10
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Oh Shane, I got some kid I met at Cardiff Select Cars when I was selling the R8 who does the detailing there. I gave him a free meal for him and his missus and he came and gave it a quick exterior detailing.

But from now on, I'll probably use this guy. Have him booked in on the 6th December for a stage 3 paint correction (though I personally don't think it needs it, maybe stage 2), interior detail and leather conditioning. I have read that the leather conditioning does SFA on our cars though as there is a layer of sealant over the seats?
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #11
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fo55il View Post
Wtf.... no mod to shopping cart full lel
Yeah it's kind of funny now I look back. For anyone who read my thread on reading fault codes, I was painfully deciding between a second hand procede and a second hand JB4 just to save a few bucks because I didn't want to spend much money!

ATTN gave me the talk of working that extra hour, saving up, not going to Sydney that week to save petrol and I totally did what he said!! I worked an extra shift, didn't go to Sydney for two weeks and saved some more.

Nekkminnit.. 10K
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:12 AM   #12
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket View Post
Awesome list of goodies, can we get some before and after pics?
Just uploaded a pic but cant' see much. Looks like any other stock black 335i with black rims.

The bar won't arrive until probably after January, so I'll update pics then!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:20 AM   #13
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crowdedthehouse View Post
Shane technically it is tomorrow as I wrote that all after midnight! I am going to Advan "tomorrow", Wednesday. Get off the forum and reply to my SMS haha!!!

Yeah dad had a V8 Statesman and a modded MY08 WRX together before the R8! THe new GTS is an amazing car. Build quality is still very questionable, but the amount of tech in it, the 430kW, the road presence. He was considering an E400 but it was pretty fucking boring for $140k! When dad takes my car, I'll take the GTS and bring it over to your place and you can have a quick fang.

The iPE will be without mid cats and coupled with catless DPs, it's as close to a straight pipe as it'll get.

If you wanna hear what it's gonna sound like, go to ATTNs iPE exhaust for sale thread
Ahh yes true that! I'm all outta wack atm living on 3 hrs sleep a day staying up all night with the new born pups

Yeah I had a VE calais for a short time years ago and the quality of the paint was terrible (extremely thin and prone to scratching through to the base coat) and seat trim pieces coming loose etc would be great to have a perve on his GTS!

I've listened to his vids, albeit a video and hearing it in real life are two different things! I hope you get that awesome crackle on the overun albeit I think that's more a N55 thing (the blips sound great also, I'm guessing that's on a DCT?)
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #14
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Oh Shane, I got some kid I met at Cardiff Select Cars when I was selling the R8 who does the detailing there. I gave him a free meal for him and his missus and he came and gave it a quick exterior detailing.

But from now on, I'll probably use this guy. Have him booked in on the 6th December for a stage 3 paint correction (though I personally don't think it needs it, maybe stage 2), interior detail and leather conditioning. I have read that the leather conditioning does SFA on our cars though as there is a layer of sealant over the seats?
Ahh OK was curious as I don't really know any great detailers in Newcastle! Over the years I didnt trust anyone else and have been an amateur DIY detailer, it will be interested to see the results from your detail!

Hmm unsure of where you read the conditioning does SFA, but I promise you it does. I use zymol products (and have Lexol and duragloss leather cleaning/conditioning prodcuts also) and prior to cleaning and conditioning the seats get that shiny effect to the seats and afterwards the leather is softer and has the matte oem finish once again

You had an R8!?!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:36 AM   #15
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

The following things will be done by the end of the year/start of next year hopefully, pending delivery:

Alpina TCU flash
Forge diverter valves
Walnut blast
Advan or Stett oil cooler
Fuel it! Stage 2 LPFP
BMS meth kit
50/50 E85 blend
Micky Thompson ET Drag Radial II
Level 10 Transmission upgrade
A couple of spare driveshafts lying around

Flans for next year possibly:
Air suspension
20 inch forged rims
custom rear end widebody flaring

OR

instead of bags and rims and body, maybe a single turbo kit.

I can't get both... or can I? noooo! MUST... STOP....

I may not get either, I may not get ANY of the stuff above.. but we'll see.

I'd like to see my fat arse E93 make it down the strip in 11s with the above mods and stock turbos on drag radials. I don't even know if that is possible. Will I even crack the 12s?!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:40 AM   #16
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
Ahh OK was curious as I don't really know any great detailers in Newcastle! Over the years I didnt trust anyone else and have been an amateur DIY detailer, it will be interested to see the results from your detail!

Hmm unsure of where you read the conditioning does SFA, but I promise you it does. I use zymol products (and have Lexol and duragloss leather cleaning/conditioning prodcuts also) and prior to cleaning and conditioning the seats get that shiny effect to the seats and afterwards the leather is softer and has the matte oem finish once again

You had an R8!?!
I forgot to finish what I was saying! I have THIS guy booked, not the kid:
http://www.ultimateautodetailing.com.au/

Yes I had an R8.. a CLUBSPORT R8.. not an Audi R8!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #17
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Also, I purchased a Sidchrome apprentice mechanics toolkit for an absolute bargain. Had a few bits missing but nothing important (uselesss imperial socket bits) though I had to drive three hours from Newcastle to the Shire to pick it up.

Just wanna make a couple of things clear. Although I have spent a large amount in a short time, I am by no means rich! I do work hard and I have made a lot of sacrifices to be able to do whatever I want with my own hard earned money.

Secondly, I'd hate to be seen as a chequebook racer! I want to do as much work on this car as I possibly can with virtually zero knowledge and experience, hence buying the tool kit, although the harder more technical stuff, looks like I'll be sending it to Advan! I am quite time poor and have limited workspace as I live on a hill and our driveway is a hill in itself and our garage is taken up by dad's two cars and he refuses to move them!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 03:48 PM   #18
JJH
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: IB E92 M3 DCT; SG E90 325i

Wow ... welcome. That is an awesome list of parts you have - this is going to be one epic build in quick time!!!
      11-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #19
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Yeah it's kind of funny now I look back. For anyone who read my thread on reading fault codes, I was painfully deciding between a second hand procede and a second hand JB4 just to save a few bucks because I didn't want to spend much money!

ATTN gave me the talk of working that extra hour, saving up, not going to Sydney that week to save petrol and I totally did what he said!! I worked an extra shift, didn't go to Sydney for two weeks and saved some more.

Nekkminnit.. 10K

Look at dem mods...

Tools are cool, I like tools. Get your hands dirty, I find that when you work on your own car you learn more.
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2014, 04:44 PM   #20
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Thanks JHH! Just realised. Fuck I type a lot.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:44 PM   #21
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I forgot to finish what I was saying! I have THIS guy booked, not the kid:
http://www.ultimateautodetailing.com.au/

Yes I had an R8.. a CLUBSPORT R8.. not an Audi R8!!!
Ahh OK will be keen to see how good he does your car! If I had more spare time I would have offered to help you out, albeit a full detail to do it right will take fri night and two full days on a sat/sun. I don't have that much spare time unfortunately these days!

Haha oh just a hsv... Got excited for a second

Also imo get a ST over air ride/wide body/rims (having said that I don't think any of the ST kits are RHD compatiable - the new motiv kit might be and that would be the one to get!)
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:43 AM   #22
CashedUpBogan
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I reached out to Motiv about their single turbo kit and was willing to buy it and be their test bed for RHD development but they said that it won't work because their manifold is CNC'd and that other workshops have already tried to enlist their services. Oh well, might have to explore other avenues.

Does anyone know if there are any single turbo N54s out there in Australia?
Appreciate 0