E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > SoCAl PE Mod

11-16-2017, 04:01 PM   #23
320IN54
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i, 2021 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL.SPEC View Post
Why not buy an exhaust that makes power then?

There are more than a few options available. If the PE exhaust is essentially the OEM exhaust with just a muffler mod, it's still restrictive. I saw mine, and a few sections are crimped and ovaled. Everyone can buy what they want, but I love the VRSF that I recently got installed on my 335i and it's not too expensive.

Also, how is FBO no exhaust? Or do you already have a catback on there?

To each their own
The most restrictive part of our exhaust is our cats so once you get dps it frees up a lot of the exhaust. Also it provides an improvement in sound. You aren't wrong when it makes more sense to get an exhaust that makes more power but in the end the gains are minimal. I also feel like getting an actual exhaust will be too loud as the PE mod is more refined with dps.

FBO with no exhaust is fine for some but I just want the sound to be better as DPs and stock mufflers are just too quiet for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 01:10 AM   #24
Cynicc
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 328i

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [8.00]
Just buy a used PE from me...