E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Favorite Spray Wax

05-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #23
mr_milo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlol View Post
What other product do you use? I was thinking of the following
1. Meguiar gold class car wash
2. Meguiar quik clay
3. (... sealant from other brand? or do they have it from Meguiar?)
4. Meguiar quik wax
5. Meguiar quik detailer

Can we use sheepskin mitt to put on the wax?
I have used four different washes on my friend's car and mine. They were all OTC products; Armor All Ultra Shine car wash, Turtle Wax super clean high gloss shine ICE car wash, Meguiar's Gold Class car wash shampoo and conditioner , and Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax. I liked the Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax the best and found the 40 oz. bottle on sale at Target for $9.99. I think the Ultimate Wash & Wax provides the best beading between waxing.

I haven't done a clay yet and am not sure what I will use. I am more of an OTC guy so I will probably use either the Meguiar's or Mothers clay kit.

For Waxing so far I have only used the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax. At first I was using a microfiber pad to spread it and a very plush microfiber cloth to wipe it off. I found problems noted above but found that if I used the Meguiar's Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel it was a bit easier to wipe off. I didn't have that at first and then didn't want to use it because it seemed more harsh of a cloth but it works. I also have the Ultimate Liquid Wax but haven't tried it yet.

I have started to go over the car with the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer after my washes. The stuff really gives the car a nice shine and I can do it fast. The bottle says 10 minutes to do the entire car, it takes me longer than that but not too much longer. Plus it really pops after that.

The only other products that I have used are the Meguiar's Endurance Tire Gel, Meguiar's Gold Class Leather Conditioner and the Mothers Protectant. I got a lot of the Meguiar's stuff by purchasing the Brilliant Solutions New Car Care Kit for $20 at my local auto parts store. The kit came with some of the Meguiar's Ultimate Wash & Wax, an ultra plush microfiber wash mitt, the Water Magnet microfiber drying towel, some Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax, a Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel, some Endurance Tire Gel and two soft foam applicators. I just couldn't pass it up for that price.

My car is only a few months old so for me it's been more of good washing habits and maintaining the nice finsh. I even went out and got a pressure washer and foam canon (the cheap one from HD) so that I could get most the stuff off the car or at least loose before I touched it. Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #24
digital01
Search or ban.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Meguiars has a solid OTC line for the average home detailer looking for an all-in-one solution. Easy to use, and quality product. However, You just cant compare their OTC stuff to either their Professional grade or to other high end detailing product companies. Night and day.
'06 325i Black // iDrive // Cold Weather Pkg // Terra Dakota Leather // Lux 5.1 AE LED // Comfort Access // Premium Pkg // Ray's Sebring 19x8.5 & 19x9.5 w/ 245.35.19 - Mich. PS2 & 275.30.19 - Conti. SportContact2 // Front Bumper Splitters // MSD Air Scoops
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #25
mr_milo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 328i

When I first got my car and dreaded the first car wash since I wasn't prepared. I didn't have a good (clean) mit or grit guards so I figured I'd just spray it off at my local high pressure self serve car wash until the stuff came. BOY that was a mistake! I had a nice water beading car but after that wash there was nothing! The water wouldn't bead at all.

I got really stress and went to Autozone at 7pm directly afterwards. That's were I got the Armor All Ultra Shine car wash, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax, a microfiber mit, a microfiber drying towel and a few very plush microfiber towels. I was then at home doing a two bucket wash until about 8:30pm, followed by a dry and a wax with the Quik Wax. I hoping this gave me back some of the protection.

Since I have only used the products I mentioned above moving to the Meguiar's Ultimate Was & Wax for the wash. I have yet to use a real wax or sealant, so far it's only been the Quik Wax and Quik Detailer. I just went to lunch and found that we did get the showers they forecast for today. This is what I saw when I went out to my car.

Two washes ago I used the Quik Wax and my last wash which was last Saturday, was followed by the Quik Detailer. I know it probably doesn't get close to the professional stuff but I'm happy!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #26
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Try Swissvax Nano Express
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 09:34 PM   #27
zobr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M550i

I love 1z Einszett Spray Wax
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2011, 09:49 PM   #28
autoaesthetica
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A tin can on boost

I use and sell a ton of OCW, I use it just about every detail. Meguiars Quik Wax as the others have said is pretty nice too. Einszett is great too.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:08 AM   #29
Miami
these cars become an addiction :/
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 328i

trying out turtle wax ice out tomorrow
9-tenths of a second is a hell of a lot of time!!! That's walking all over the AMG. In fact, not only is that walking all over it, that's finishing, jumping out of the car, shitting in your own hand and throwing it at the AMG as it drives by to finish its lap.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #30
ericlol
BMW Amature
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW 335i xDrive

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoaesthetica View Post
I use and sell a ton of OCW, I use it just about every detail. Meguiars Quik Wax as the others have said is pretty nice too. Einszett is great too.
how does meguiar quick wax compare to meguiar NXT gen tech wax 2.0?
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:31 PM   #31
autoaesthetica
Banned
United_States
Rep

Well they are 2 different products for starters. People tend to use spray wax when drying a car or if they have a couple minutes and want to lay down protection in place of nothing.

NXT looks really good, but for many people doesn't last long, plus it stains trim like crazy.

In theory the NXT should last longer, but I know there are reports of it having a tough time making it even a month.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 01:44 PM   #32
ericlol
BMW Amature
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Isn't NXT suppose to last longer, because its liquid wax + sealant mixed polymer, and does it protects the car better against chip stones?

I am a starter, only have gotten the meguiar gold wash, I was thinking of getting the NXT as well, but I don't know what I should get now...

Ideally I am trying to get most of these from Meguiar..
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 02:13 PM   #33
roundle
EXPAT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 VW GTI;18 CX9;11 E91 N52

The Dodo Juice Red Mist is pretty amazing stuff. I put it on our spare car, which has not been waxed or polished in years. 3 months later, the water still beads. Prior the the application, no beading. When I put it on my E91, the paint is left looking wet for several weeks. I don't know of another "wipe off" product that looks as nice or, more importantly, lasts as long.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2011, 07:21 PM   #34
autoaesthetica
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Isn't NXT suppose to last longer, because its liquid wax + sealant mixed polymer, and does it protects the car better against chip stones?

I am a starter, only have gotten the meguiar gold wash, I was thinking of getting the NXT as well, but I don't know what I should get now...

Ideally I am trying to get most of these from Meguiar..

Yes NXT should last longer but a lot of products never live up to the hype or are even overhyped. Some people do get good durability from NXT but some people simply don't. Just for reference, no wax or sealant protects against chipping, its just way too thin of a film to do anything.

Meguiar's gold class is pretty good, just make sure you are diluting it around 1 oz per gallon of water used. It can be a little tough on any wax or sealant if mixed too concentrated.

Are you buying OTC or direct from Meguiar's ?? If so I would get the Ultimate Wax in liquid over the NXT for the simple fact that NXT stains trim, and ultimate wax does not.

I would grab some clay as well- they have a clay kit OTC for this.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 01:27 PM   #35
ericlol
BMW Amature
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
hmm... stained trim, I guess it will look worse on alpine white...

Maybe I should just go with mega ultimate quik wax.., i bought them OTC from canadian tires

is claying needed for a brand new car? just had it for a month..
i saw the mega claying kit with detailer for $30, no discount on it....

Last edited by ericlol; 05-27-2011 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2011, 06:00 PM   #36
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue e92

am I the only one here that uses Chemical Guys InstaWax? look like all the stuff you guys are using are waaay better
      05-28-2011, 01:34 PM   #37
ericlol
BMW Amature
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e92LuNaTiC View Post
am I the only one here that uses Chemical Guys InstaWax? look like all the stuff you guys are using are waaay better

how's insta wax?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #38
e92LuNaTiC
Major
Mexico
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue e92

Quote:
how's insta wax?

I mean I can't really say how good it is compared to the other products mentioned here. But in comparison to the Autozone/PepBoys (commercial automotive stores) products like Meguiars, Turtle Wax, etc etc I found InstaWax to work pretty good compared to well known automotive detailing products at your local auto store. Definitely gives the car a really glossy shine on my Monaco Blue and smooth touch I don't think you can go wrong with Chemical Guys. Still somewhat new to the detailing game, but gaining plenty of knowledge through here. Can any others chime in?
      05-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #39
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

I've used a lot and I like the megs ultimate quick wax the best on my white car. The gloss it provides is very noticeable and you can just wipe on without buffing on a white car.

Alan
      05-29-2011, 12:39 AM   #40
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92LuNaTiC View Post
I mean I can't really say how good it is compared to the other products mentioned here. But in comparison to the Autozone/PepBoys (commercial automotive stores) products like Meguiars, Turtle Wax, etc etc I found InstaWax to work pretty good compared to well known automotive detailing products at your local auto store. Definitely gives the car a really glossy shine on my Monaco Blue and smooth touch I don't think you can go wrong with Chemical Guys. Still somewhat new to the detailing game, but gaining plenty of knowledge through here. Can any others chime in?
It's through guys like you that this continues to be a great board to post, discuss, and share information on detailing. Nothing wrong with better less experiences than others: no doubt the knowledge you possess will surely be helpful to all the members here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
I've used a lot and I like the megs ultimate quick wax the best on my white car. The gloss it provides is very noticeable and you can just wipe on without buffing on a white car.
Alan
I hear you on that Alan - I love Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Wax and have often recommended it as a great spray sealant that can be found over the counter. Using a small amount after each wash will give you continued protection, slickness, and additional gloss.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 07:11 AM   #41
Rickstir
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xI Couple

Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer.....product is great in between regular waxings !
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 09:58 PM   #42
ericlol
BMW Amature
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post

Alan
have u try Meguiars NXT Generation Tech *Liquid* Wax

or Meguiars Ultimate Liquid Wax?

for AW...

I have an AW e90 as well, still deciding on what type of wax should I use...

any inputs? thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #43
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickstir View Post
Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical Protection Detailer.....product is great in between regular waxings !
thats it, i'm ordering it today
      06-01-2011, 07:24 PM   #44
Detailers Domain
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

All I have to say guys is pick up Aquartz Reload you will love it! It leans more towards a spray sealant (last up to 6 months) and is super slick and glossy!

Appreciate 0