E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW 320d battery connector issues

12-18-2018, 01:56 AM   #1
Superdan147
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d e90

BMW 320d battery connector issues

Looking for some advice. I recently had a new battery connector fitted due to the outstanding recall on my 2010 Bmw 320d done by the dealership. A few days later my previously perfect car, decided to cut out on traffic. I had every light on the dashboard, ABS, car with the ramp, I lost power steering etc. I managed to get the car started and made it home (I was only a mileaway luckily) . I rang BMW and they finally agreed to look at the fault as I insisted it must of been to do with the battery connector. Low and behold they admitted they had fitted a faulty connector and refitted a new one.

However a week later, I was driving in town and the engine management recuded power came on. I turned the car off as I was parking up anyway. When i restarted the car there was no engine lights on, the car has driven fine in the last 3/4 days but I’ve lost trust in the car now and I wonder why it may of came on. When I start the ignition (engine off) the only light that doesn’t disappear is the engine light but once engine starts it goes off. I’ve had two scanners in the car and it hasn’t detected any codes or faults. I’ve rang Bmw head office and they’ve agreed to do a full diagnostic this Friday for me. I’m worried that the faulty battery connector has upset the engine, after all it sounded like a tractor and can’t of been any good for the engine on the 5/6 times it was started when the faulty connector was in. How I prove this to the dealership I don’t know. Just seems highly coincidental for my liking.
Appreciate 0