E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > BSM E90 330i | LCI M-Sport Front Conversion

05-31-2016, 02:38 PM   #177
max_330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Looks mean and clean. Nice work
      06-10-2016, 02:31 PM   #178
JakesJB4
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV View Post
Just put the SF-71's back on for the summer, so I figured it was a good time to take some proper pics of the new front end. Hope you enjoy.
How did you do thisssss how much did it run you
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2018, 10:30 PM   #179
NightRyda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 355i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DV View Post
Just put the SF-71's back on for the summer, so I figured it was a good time to take some proper pics of the new front end. Hope you enjoy.
Hi, I've been searching about pre-lci to lci conversions & came across your thread. The more I research the more, I get confused & I was hoping you could help me out.

My 2007 335i e90 (pre-lci) had a fender bender & needs a new front end. I feel the oem pre lci looks very dated, especially the hood & kidney grills. I'd like to convert my front bumper & hood to an lci in either a M3 replica or a mtech front end.

What I'd like to know:

1) Whats the diff between the m-sport front bumper & m-tech front bumper? Are they the same bumper? Is m-sport just the name for a OEM verison & mtech the replica version? They look the same in a google image search.

2) I read how you got your lci m-sport front end conversion to work, but would this work with an M3 replica lci front end as well?

I'm leaning towards purchasing a LCI m3 replica front bumper from **********s or ebay. I'd use an oem lci hood & lci kidney grills. Is that all I need to make it fit w/ no gaps? Does your lci conversion parts list only apply to the m-sport front end?

3) I've read that all you need to do an LCI conversion is an LCI front bumper/LCI kidney grills/LCI hood & everything should fit fine (including the pre-lci lights/wheel arches/etc). I'm not using the undercarriage plastic & I'm fine w/ cutting brake ducts if need be.

However, someone at **********s said it's not that simple & that the E90 pre lci & lci have different shaped lights & that the hood & fenders are different lengths... Is this true?

I need to get my car fixed ASAP but I'm really confused as to what will fit & don't want to end up buying the wrong parts that wont fit & just loose money.

Has anyone done a lci conversion w/ a m3 front replica?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0