E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > 335D SCR Delete, No Tune

06-20-2023, 11:47 PM   #1
UberR34
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335D (Montego Blue)

335D SCR Delete, No Tune

Hey guys i just recently ordered an full ATM exhaust for my car. I have a 2011 335D, and the exhaust is coming with only a resonator and will replace from the back of the DPF to the bumper. I have the rest of the deletes as well and plan to take my car over to Kassel for tune as it is not too far away. However finding a time to install everything is being more difficult than anticipated. No one around me were willing to do the install for anything short of a small fortune so ill suck it up and do it myself. My question here though is can i install the full exhaust (leaving the dpf stock for now) prior to the tune just for my own enjoyment. I have read in here some say it wont run at all, some say it will throw a code and go fine. Saw one that said nothing will change just volume. Not sure what to believe here, hoping someone has personal experience with this situation. Obviously with this set up it will smoke and smell but that's expected, just curious if it would be safe to cruise in the meantime.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 09:31 AM   #2
lnxguy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D

Nope. You'll be in limp if you remove the SCR and have stock tuning. You either delete it all and get tuned, or leave it as is.
      06-21-2023, 05:47 PM   #3
UberR34
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335D (Montego Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnxguy View Post
Nope. You'll be in limp if you remove the SCR and have stock tuning. You either delete it all and get tuned, or leave it as is.
Thats what i figured but wasn't sure. I didnt see any o2 or nox after it so figured maybe but was quick glance. I have all the delete stuff already so ill just wait until i can do it all at once. Thanks
Appreciate 0