E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > COBB AccessPORT for the 2011 BMW 135, 335i and 335xi

02-15-2013, 09:32 AM   #265
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2005 C55 AMG

Good news, techs found a bunch of updates... Side note - I had to come up with stupid things to say so they would look more into it... Misfires, rough cold start, irregular hard AT upshifts and lag in acceleration. Saying those things may prompt them to look harder. Any idea how long these updates take?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #266
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
Any news on aggressive maps?
We have Stage1 Aggressive maps available now. Do mean Race maps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops View Post
Good news, techs found a bunch of updates... Side note - I had to come up with stupid things to say so they would look more into it... Misfires, rough cold start, irregular hard AT upshifts and lag in acceleration. Saying those things may prompt them to look harder. Any idea how long these updates take?
Updates can take a while... get comfy. Glad they're sorting you out!

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #267
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Yeah it's been 4 hours so far... Good thing they have a sweet setup where I can just keep busy with work
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #268
Earlfish
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90 LCI

Quote:
So I just bought an Accessport today, was all excited and realized I had an unsupported ROM.

I have an appontment scheduled at the dealer on Monday. I told them I had issues with idle and cold start and general powerband hiccups.

Any other tips to get this update done? I really want to run the Accessport.

*first post btw
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 02:35 PM   #269
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlfish View Post
So I just bought an Accessport today, was all excited and realized I had an unsupported ROM.

I have an appontment scheduled at the dealer on Monday. I told them I had issues with idle and cold start and general powerband hiccups.

*first post btw
Nice first post... Here's my update from today which may be very valuable to you guys wanting an update.

Tell them there is this SIB available for your car...

SIB 120912 - cold starts, Rough idling, acceleration lag

I'm actually very surprised how nice the car drives with the update. What an improvement... when i first started the car up, I thought it died but then i looked at the RPMs and it was hovering nicely just under 1k. The engine seems sooooo smooth and shifts perfectly i'm a happy camper
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 02:40 PM   #270
Earlfish
Rep

Quote:
Nice first post... Here's my update from today which may be very valuable to you guys wanting an update.

I'm actually very surprised how nice the car drives with the update. What an improvement... when i first started the car up, I thought it died but then i looked at the RPMs and it was hovering nicely just under 1k. The engine seems sooooo smooth and shifts perfectly i'm a happy camper
Thank you so much, going in there with the SIB number will be huge. Wish me luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:00 PM   #271
Numa-IV
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:

*first post btw
I think all you need to do is send your ROM to Cobb for quick support. You only need to go to the dealer for an update if you are running the "volatile" ROM versions mentioned earlier in this thread.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #272
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numa-IV View Post
I think all you need to do is send your ROM to Cobb for quick support. You only need to go to the dealer for an update if you are running the "volatile" ROM versions mentioned earlier in this thread.
You are correct, but I believe Earl does have one of the 'bad' roms. I think he was chatting with one of our techs a little while ago. The service bulletin posted above should help. Thanks Slops!

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #273
Earlfish
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
You are correct, but I believe Earl does have one of the 'bad' roms. I think he was chatting with one of our techs a little while ago. The service bulletin posted above should help. Thanks Slops!

-Josh
You are indeed right, I have one of the "Bad" roms.

And I was so looking forward to this being my first mod this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 04:45 PM   #274
Freelo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i (sold)

Huge thanks to Slops for being the guinea pig and negotiating this update -- and getting that SIB number!

I will be heading in for the update in a couple of weeks and will report back.
Koni sport shocks, BMW performance springs, M3 arms and sways front and rear, M3 subframe bushings, Velocity toe arms, M3 front strut bar, Cobb, ETS FMIC, Vishnu charge pipe, RPI scoops, M3 steering wheel, M3 carbon leather interior trim, Advan RS 18 inch wheels, Pilot sport tires
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #275
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBB Tuning View Post
We have Stage1 Aggressive maps available now. Do mean Race maps?

Updates can take a while... get comfy. Glad they're sorting you out!

-Josh
Yes sorry, race maps and e85 etc

Coming soon to the garage: 2014 M3 Maybe M5
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 07:47 AM   #276
SpartanGA
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M4 Comp F83

Quote:

This wants me to ask my dealer. I just had it there for service. Maybe next time. Annoying they don't update automatically.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #277
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelo View Post
Huge thanks to Slops for being the guinea pig and negotiating this update -- and getting that SIB number!

Your welcome! Glad I can help out...

I flashed my car this morning with the AP and the new ROM is 98F0B which is already supported by COBB. You should have no issues with this rom as mine installed great. Huge thanks to Josh with helping me through this.

FYI
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 04:48 AM   #278
Tricki
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelo View Post

Your welcome! Glad I can help out...

I flashed my car this morning with the AP and the new ROM is 98F0B which is already supported by COBB. You should have no issues with this rom as mine installed great. Huge thanks to Josh with helping me through this.
If it wasn't for Josh at Cobb, I wouldn't be running with the tune as I'm the first from Australia to have this done.... Had knock backs from everywhere including Cobb until Josh stepped in.... Huge thanks Josh.
Hope I can help with data logs with our 98/ 100 octane fuel !!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 06:59 AM   #279
Darkpitiless
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 320i - E92 LCI 335i

Been struggling with the dealer about ROM upgrade,so the car stayed at the dealer for 2 days. And now they are asking me to replace the downpipe i have with the original before they can do the programming!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 07:28 AM   #280
D's Bimmer
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340 Xi

There is a DMI update scheduled for release in early April that will fix these issues. BMW has been working on this for the past few months. I am already prebooked for it. My service tech coded it as no charge for me. He did say that given the size of this particular update, it will likely take between 3 and 4 hours to upload.
      02-18-2013, 07:46 AM   #281
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpitiless
Been struggling with the dealer about ROM upgrade,so the car stayed at the dealer for 2 days. And now they are asking me to replace the downpipe i have with the original before they can do the programming!
Just so you know my car went in with my dp, intercooler and charge pipe without issues. Just park your car close to the dealer, whip your ap out and delete all your codes. Then it should be good for them to update it.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 07:51 AM   #282
Earlfish
Rep

Well dropped off the car this morning. With my service adviser's attitude I'm not hoping for much.

He refused to write down the SBI information claiming that they have to diagnose the car first and they will determine if there are any applicable SBI's.

He was also not very knowledgeable as he thought my 2011 had twin turbos, and mentioned they were know for HPFP issues. Uhhhh... I really want to run this tune, hopefully I wont have to return the accessport.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #283
Slops
Major General
South Africa
Rep

Quote:
Well dropped off the car this morning. With my service adviser's attitude I'm not hoping for much.

He refused to write down the SBI information claiming that they have to diagnose the car first and they will determine if there are any applicable SBI's.

He was also not very knowledgeable as he thought my 2011 had twin turbos, and mentioned they were know for HPFP issues. Uhhhh... I really want to run this tune, hopefully I wont have to return the accessport.
Good luck bro... My SA didn't know much either, but he was really cool about everything. I guess the key is to sit down with him first and to go over your appointment details. He went through all my concerns and made sure he typed them correctly into the computer to explain my issues... if he took the time to do that and you mentioned the rough idle, cold start issues - hesitation / lag during acceleration then they should find the SIB anyway...

When he called me for my constant updates during the wait, he said that i actually explained the issues to a T and that most people dont even get that right.

Plus, I do think that me saying i'm looking to buy the new M3 when it comes out made him pay extra attention to my satisfaction
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #284
COBB Tuning
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam335ix View Post
Yes sorry, race maps and e85 etc
Gotcha, we'll see what we can do with higher octane after we finish the regular stage maps. I'll also need to do testing with e85 to see if I can find/create a fuel scalar like I did for the N54.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
If it wasn't for Josh at Cobb, I wouldn't be running with the tune as I'm the first from Australia to have this done.... Had knock backs from everywhere including Cobb until Josh stepped in.... Huge thanks Josh.
Hope I can help with data logs with our 98/ 100 octane fuel !!!!
Glad we got you rolling. Looks like I have another Australia car to add support for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkpitiless View Post
Ugh. Some dealers are better than others when it comes to service. I really hope you get it sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D's Bimmer View Post
There is a DMI update scheduled for release in early April that will fix these issues. BMW has been working on this for the past few months. I am already prebooked for it. My service tech coded it as no charge for me. He did say that given the size of this particular update, it will likely take between 3 and 4 hours to upload.
Do you have any info on this update? The issue that we found with the old roms has actually been corrected for the past 3 major revisions, but if can get info on anything new coming down the line, I'm all ears.

Quote:

Oh man, hopefully they'll get you sorted. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

-Josh
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #285
Earlfish
Rep

Quote:
Good luck bro... My SA didn't know much either, but he was really cool about everything. I guess the key is to sit down with him first and to go over your appointment details. He went through all my concerns and made sure he typed them correctly into the computer to explain my issues... if he took the time to do that and you mentioned the rough idle, cold start issues - hesitation / lag during acceleration then they should find the SIB anyway...

When he called me for my constant updates during the wait, he said that i actually explained the issues to a T and that most people dont even get that right.

Plus, I do think that me saying i'm looking to buy the new M3 when it comes out made him pay extra attention to my satisfaction
Thanks, yeah I mentioned all three issues. It was just frustrating dealing with his attitude about not writing down the SIB I told him about. Hopefully they find it. Ill update later today...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #286
BMW_Belgier
Lieutenant Colonel
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E92 335xi n55

Any Update on 2012 Euro support?