E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > E91s For Sale



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-22-2020, 01:10 PM   #4247
slupie
Lieutenant
59
Rep
438
Posts

Drives: 07 328iT, Montego Blau
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bartlett, IL

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E91WAG3N View Post
Rail deletes, def an ordered car. Nice example.
Nice car, just beware that it is missing the retractable cargo cover. On used market that cover is as rare a hens teeth.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 02:31 PM   #4248
rothwem
Major
United_States
301
Rep
1,025
Posts

Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Wagon
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arden, NC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 BMW 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slupie View Post
Nice car, just beware that it is missing the retractable cargo cover. On used market that cover is as rare a hens teeth.
Yeah, they all break at the attachment point. I've owned three E91s, two of them came with broken cargo covers but I don't care because they just get taken off and set in the corner of the garage anyways.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 03:35 PM   #4249
GA328xiW
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328xi wagon
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slomosi View Post
2010 montego blue 328xi 48k miles AT sports pkg on Carmax
https://www.carmax.com/car/19519018
That color is insane.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 05:08 PM   #4250
ppointer
First Lieutenant
141
Rep
394
Posts

Drives: '09 328it, '01 Z3M, '11 335i
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FLL

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 Infiniti QX56  [0.00]
2001 M Roadster  [0.00]
2011 335i  [0.00]
2009 328it  [0.00]
2009 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA328xiW View Post
Says its in Oregon now. I LOVE the color combo and the 6MT, but 224K miles!! How many miles can these cars go?
My e46 wagon had the M52/TU. I put over 250k miles on it, then sold it to my brother who has been daily driving it almost two years now. He says it needs no oil in between changes, just like when I had it. I was OCD about maintenance, so that car has lots of life left in it.

My e91 has about 140k on it now. I really see these N52's being able to go 300k miles easily if they are properly maintained. I just keep changing the oil earlier than recommended, stay ahead of leaky gaskets, etc. The AT is going strong, but I will probably convert to MT at some point.
Appreciate 1
4 Doors401.50

      10-23-2020, 09:59 AM   #4251
GA328xiW
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328xi wagon
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppointer View Post
My e46 wagon had the M52/TU. I put over 250k miles on it, then sold it to my brother who has been daily driving it almost two years now. He says it needs no oil in between changes, just like when I had it. I was OCD about maintenance, so that car has lots of life left in it.

My e91 has about 140k on it now. I really see these N52's being able to go 300k miles easily if they are properly maintained. I just keep changing the oil earlier than recommended, stay ahead of leaky gaskets, etc. The AT is going strong, but I will probably convert to MT at some point.
This captures why I'm asking about longevity of these cars. I'm very new to the platform. Picked up 2011 automatic from neighbor 3 weeks ago that was meticulously maintained. And got it at wholesale price -- what Carmax was offering, $6,000! To get it, I sold my 6MT 2008 Audi A4 2.0T that was super fun to drive. I LOVE the wagon but so far really miss the MT. And, I'd really like to tinker with it with some upgrades (intake, exhaust, suspension...), but am hesitant because it's not MT. And because I'm up about $5K in equity in this car and could sell/flip, I'm looking for MTs for sale. Which, of course, there are precious few. The amazing blue on in Illinois on previous page of this thread looks great, but of course has 180+K miles. The white one in Oregon on the auction site has 224K,... and so on....
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 12:38 PM   #4252
8081M
Enlisted Member
18
Rep
48
Posts

Drives: 1M & 2011 E91 msport
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA328xiW View Post
And, I'd really like to tinker with it with some upgrades (intake, exhaust, suspension...)
If you like to tinker and are worried about too much investment in an auto, consider this: https://youtu.be/szg15efwGzY (and part 2, of course). Not all of it applies, obviously. I'm planning on doing a swap myself, once life/time permits.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #4253
M-technik-3
Private First Class
United_States
84
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT,
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: western Ma

iTrader: (0)

Here's an amusing one... 2011 for 6K
Quote:
2011 BMW 328i Sports Wagon, The vehicle has 83,100 miles. Automatic. This car needs some love, the right front axle, and suspension, and brakes need replacement, along with a new wheel. The car does not drive as is, a trailer is needed. The interior of the car and engine are in great condition, the leather is clean, and no scratches. The driver and passenger door have 15% tint, the rear doors and trunk have 5% tint, front windshield has none. the halos have been updated with LUX angel eyes led bulbs. I am asking for 6k, best offer, or a decent trade (pickup truck, van, SUV). Any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...216327909.html


It'll just buff out bahhah
Appreciate 2
4 Doors401.50

      10-23-2020, 02:43 PM   #4254
triax37
Second Lieutenant
59
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: 2014 F15, 2007 E91, 2002 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (1)

2008 E91 l 6MT l AWD l 169k l Blue exterior, Saddle interior l No I-Drive l $12k

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...219051608.html

Lots of recent maintenance, including a new clutch. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 03:41 PM   #4255
4 Doors
Captain
4 Doors's Avatar
402
Rep
959
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi (E90)
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
Here's an amusing one... 2011 for 6K
Quote:
2011 BMW 328i Sports Wagon, The vehicle has 83,100 miles. Automatic. This car needs some love, the right front axle, and suspension, and brakes need replacement, along with a new wheel. The car does not drive as is, a trailer is needed. The interior of the car and engine are in great condition, the leather is clean, and no scratches. The driver and passenger door have 15% tint, the rear doors and trunk have 5% tint, front windshield has none. the halos have been updated with LUX angel eyes led bulbs. I am asking for 6k, best offer, or a decent trade (pickup truck, van, SUV). Any questions don't hesitate to contact me.
https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...216327909.html


It'll just buff out bahhah
I love the "and suspension, and this, and that, oh and throw in a new wheel." 😂
__________________
Instagram: @4doors

Current: 2008 E90 335xi Sport
Past: 1996 E36 328i Sport (bought in 2007)
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 04:08 PM   #4256
triax37
Second Lieutenant
59
Rep
222
Posts

Drives: 2014 F15, 2007 E91, 2002 M3
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (1)

2012 E91 l AT l M-Sport l AWD l Black exterior, black interior l 73k miles l $16k

https://www.audibend.com/used/BMW/20...e72ada6959.htm

Maybe priced a little high, but lower mileage with reasonable maintenance history. Carfax says it was sold as a CPO with 37k miles, when they replaced axle(s?) and the output shaft seal....I don't recall seeing these repairs on carfax before. I'm in the market for a white / silver / gray M-Sport version, if someone finds one...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 04:12 PM   #4257
Fastalpine
Private First Class
119
Rep
147
Posts

Drives: 1995 M3
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triax37 View Post
2012 E91 l AT l M-Sport l AWD l Black exterior, black interior l 73k miles l $16k

https://www.audibend.com/used/BMW/20...e72ada6959.htm

Maybe priced a little high, but lower mileage with reasonable maintenance history. Carfax says it was sold as a CPO with 37k miles, when they replaced axle(s?) and the output shaft seal....I don't recall seeing these repairs on carfax before. I'm in the market for a white / silver / gray M-Sport version, if someone finds one... ray:
Nice car. I purchased a car from them 4 years ago and was happy.
__________________

2012 E91 M Sport
2011 E90 M3 ILB/Speed/6MT/non sunroof
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 04:13 PM   #4258
ahmw
Private
3
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: e91, f80
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triax37 View Post
2008 E91 l 6MT l AWD l 169k l Blue exterior, Saddle interior l No I-Drive l $12k

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sg...219051608.html

Lots of recent maintenance, including a new clutch. Enjoy!
Looks nice but these 6MT definitely costs a premium. I really wanted one too, but gave up. I ended up pulling a trigger on a 2011 RWD Non-sport Auto 80k Silver on gray, non-iDrive, xenon, comfort access and HK. Hope to pick it up in a week or so. Maybe one day I will attempt, or pay someone, to do the manual swap.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 04:47 PM   #4259
4 Doors
Captain
4 Doors's Avatar
402
Rep
959
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi (E90)
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 BMW 335xi  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by triax37 View Post
2012 E91 l AT l M-Sport l AWD l Black exterior, black interior l 73k miles l $16k

https://www.audibend.com/used/BMW/20...e72ada6959.htm

Maybe priced a little high, but lower mileage with reasonable maintenance history. Carfax says it was sold as a CPO with 37k miles, when they replaced axle(s?) and the output shaft seal....I don't recall seeing these repairs on carfax before. I'm in the market for a white / silver / gray M-Sport version, if someone finds one...
Looks clean in the photos. One thing I did notice, are the exhaust tips/exhaust pushed over to the right oddly? Wondering if the exhaust hangers need refreshing or if it was rear ended lightly?
__________________
Instagram: @4doors

Current: 2008 E90 335xi Sport
Past: 1996 E36 328i Sport (bought in 2007)
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 06:47 PM   #4260
E92William
Major
E92William's Avatar
910
Rep
1,214
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 328xi
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Miami

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
I wonder how a wagon that was originally say automatic rwd would do if it were to be sold as converted to manual transmission. Would be interesting to see if demand for manuals is high enough to overcome a backyard non original conversion
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 08:29 PM   #4261
GA328xiW
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
34
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 328xi wagon
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Atlanta, GA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8081M View Post
If you like to tinker and are worried about too much investment in an auto, consider this:
(and part 2, of course). Not all of it applies, obviously. I'm planning on doing a swap myself, once life/time permits.
Uhh, we have different definitions of tinker!!! I don't have the knowledge, skills, tools or time for this!!! Would live to though.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 01:49 AM   #4262
Serf27
Captain
Serf27's Avatar
United_States
278
Rep
796
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: High Desert, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-technik-3 View Post
Here's an amusing one... 2011 for 6K

https://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/...216327909.html


It'll just buff out bahhah
Listed as obo. 80k miles.
A couple hundred bucks in new controls arms and an alignment and it would come back to life!
Should be easy for whoever buys it to find a color matched fender and rocker.
Appreciate 1
      10-24-2020, 03:07 AM   #4263
ahmw
Private
3
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: e91, f80
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ

iTrader: (0)

2011 AWD auto sport xenon nav silver on black 90k $13.6k in CO
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=566505311
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 03:45 PM   #4264
wdc330i
Private First Class
50
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: '17 M240i CV (EBII/Black)
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Another one at CarMax. 2011 with 57k miles AWD:

https://www.carmax.com/car/19390454

Edit: Looks like it was in an accident.
__________________
2017 M240i Convertible (EBII/Black; M Performance LSD) Previous: 2012 328iT Sport; 2009 X5 3.0; 2006 M3C; 2006 530xiT; 2003 325xiT; 2002 330i Sport; 2001 Z3 2.5; 2001 330i.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 04:11 PM   #4265
Noir
Major
Noir's Avatar
United_States
696
Rep
1,253
Posts

Drives: 2006 E90 330i 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: San Antonio

iTrader: (1)


160k, seller asking for 8.5.
Attached Images
 
__________________
See you, space cowboy.
Supercharged
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 05:19 PM   #4266
ahmw
Private
3
Rep
68
Posts

Drives: e91, f80
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Tempe, AZ

iTrader: (0)

2009 AWD non-sport auto non-iDrive xenon Tasman with oyster 103k. $9500
https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto...217981577.html
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 10:06 PM   #4267
eljay
Captain
157
Rep
680
Posts

Drives: ///M + E91
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NS

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slupie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E91WAG3N View Post
Rail deletes, def an ordered car. Nice example.
Nice car, just beware that it is missing the retractable cargo cover. On used market that cover is as rare a hens teeth.
Not that rare, as I have one for sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 12:46 PM   #4268
JupiterBMW
Self Proclaimed Roundel Junkie
JupiterBMW's Avatar
United_States
264
Rep
1,287
Posts

Drives: '11 E90 M3 & '13 F25 X3
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jupiter, FL

iTrader: (6)

Here's a decent one..

2010, Blue over beige, 48K, AWD, Sport, Auto, non-nav, roof rack.. $18K

https://www.carmax.com/car/19519018
__________________
Instagram @lmb_zcp
2011 E91 Bluewater Metallic/Beige 328i- Dad Wagon
2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Stage 2 Supercharged
2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i Dinan3 ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:19 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST