E90Post
 


Lease SwApp
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Arizona E9x Owners



View Poll Results: Who wants a meet in the Phoenix area ?
I do !! 10 83.33%
I will pass 2 16.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #1959
Povee1337
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2010 328i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Phoenix

iTrader: (0)

Just picked up my 2010 328i. Looking to put the LEDs I got from LUX for the angel eyes in and also my fogs and low beams and DRL. If anyone in the Phoenix area would help out that'll be great. Lunch is on me.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2018, 11:28 PM   #1960
SteveMartin330i
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Maricopa

iTrader: (0)

Where are we meeting up at?

Hey!!! Sooo I want to start meeting up with anyone out there!
I have a 2006 E90 330I GT. PM Me and I'll send my Cell.

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 09:20 AM   #1961
madskillzE90
Private First Class
United_States
25
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: E90 AWD
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Goodyear AZ

iTrader: (1)

I would like to put together a meet over in Goodyear. Who is game and what day/time works best for you. Lets get an idea of what works out best.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 07:27 PM   #1962
BrigsS4
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: E91 Wagon, Audi S4, VW R32
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Scottsdale, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Hey gang,

Can any forum members help with registering a new battery? Or suggest a shop that wont charge me $80?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2018, 10:36 PM   #1963
zigsman
Private First Class
22
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrigsS4 View Post
Hey gang,

Can any forum members help with registering a new battery? Or suggest a shop that wont charge me $80?

Thank you
Sure can; I'm in the south east valley. Send me a PM and we can get together.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:22 PM   #1964
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
2fast4's Avatar
20
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Phoenix, Azz

iTrader: (0)

Borrow strut nut socket 22mm

Hey guys, I'd like to borrow the 22mm strut nut socket. Schwaben makes it.
I'm in the middle of installing ST coilover and I need this tool.
I'm in East Valley.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:27 PM   #1965
zigsman
Private First Class
22
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4 View Post
Hey guys, I'd like to borrow the 22mm strut nut socket. Schwaben makes it.
I'm in the middle of installing ST coilover and I need this tool.
I'm in East Valley.
I made my own socket when I replaced the shocks/struts in my car, but it's a 13/16. If you think it will work, you are more than welcome to borrow it. If it won't work, you can at least see how I made it and you might be able to make your own?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:30 PM   #1966
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
2fast4's Avatar
20
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Phoenix, Azz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigsman View Post
I made my own socket when I replaced the shocks/struts in my car. What size are you looking for? I'd be more than happy to loan it to you if it's the right size.
22mm.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:32 PM   #1967
zigsman
Private First Class
22
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4 View Post
22mm.
Yeah, sorry... I read your post too quickly! I see that it's a 22. I edited my post. I have a 13/16 that I made. You are welcome to borrow it if you think it will work.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:37 PM   #1968
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
2fast4's Avatar
20
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Phoenix, Azz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigsman View Post
Yeah, sorry... I read your post too quickly! I see that it's a 22. I edited my post. I have a 13/16 that I made. You are welcome to borrow it if you think it will work.
How difficult is it to make one?
I can buy a tall socket and cut it in the middle but it might not be an easy work.

13/16 is like 20.6mm which won't work.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:40 PM   #1969
zigsman
Private First Class
22
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4 View Post
How difficult is it to make one?
I can buy a tall socket and cut it in the middle but it might not be an easy work.

13/16 is like 20.6mm which won't work.
That's exactly what I did...it was not difficult at all. You'll just need a small small grinder and a good vice to mount the socket in while you're cutting away.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 09:48 PM   #1970
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
2fast4's Avatar
20
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Phoenix, Azz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigsman View Post
That's exactly what I did...it was not difficult at all. You'll just need a small small grinder and a good vice to mount the socket in while you're cutting away.
Like a dremel grinder or high speed grinder?
High speed grinder makes me nervous from the vibrations it makes.
I have a vice that can be mounted on the bench.

My car is up in the jackstands for days now doing this work
Autozone, O'Really, Lowes, Ace hardware, etc don't have it.
Probably none in entire Az.

Thin wall tall socket might do.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 10:18 PM   #1971
zigsman
Private First Class
22
Rep
148
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i E90
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4 View Post
Like a dremel grinder or high speed grinder?
High speed grinder makes me nervous from the vibrations it makes.
I have a vice that can be mounted on the bench.

My car is up in the jackstands for days now doing this work
Autozone, O'Really, Lowes, Ace hardware, etc don't have it.
Probably none in entire Az.

Thin wall tall socket might do.
I used a high speed grinder with a small cut-off wheel, but I'm sure you could use a good quality dremmel with a small cut-off wheel. It just might take a little longer...
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2018, 11:19 PM   #1972
2fast4
Second Lieutenant
2fast4's Avatar
20
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2008 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Phoenix, Azz

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigsman View Post
I used a high speed grinder with a small cut-off wheel, but I'm sure you could use a good quality dremmel with a small cut-off wheel. It just might take a little longer...
So mock it up and cut the section off vs grinding the metal bit by bit.
I have a Makita die-grinder...about 1 foot long and straight...this is the high speed grinder I was saying.

I'm also thinking of different approach...
First drill with small bit. Then gradually use bigger drill bits till grinder bit can fit into the hole. Then spread from there to grind them out to desired width and height.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 10:00 AM   #1973
pinoye90
Lieutenant
pinoye90's Avatar
Philippines
57
Rep
485
Posts

Drives: 07-E90
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: PHX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigsman View Post
That's exactly what I did...it was not difficult at all. You'll just need a small small grinder and a good vice to mount the socket in while you're cutting away.
Like a dremel grinder or high speed grinder?
High speed grinder makes me nervous from the vibrations it makes.
I have a vice that can be mounted on the bench.

My car is up in the jackstands for days now doing this work
Autozone, O'Really, Lowes, Ace hardware, etc don't have it.
Probably none in entire Az.

Thin wall tall socket might do.
Store pick up (roll call) autohouze
__________________
AFE header PE 2ndary AFE cat delete
AA-tune stage 3 IM
Euro intake Rev intake tube
Eibach sportline B8 bilstein
whitelines F control arm bushing
Jvc-kw730
Focal IFBMW-S
MATCH MS 42C-BMW.1
SWS-8, 4ohm
Alpine PDX-v9
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST