E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Tracking, Autocrossing, Dragstrip, Driving Techniques > Track Prep

12-26-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
MHZ335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is coupe

Garage List
Track Prep

Hi everyone, looking into what preparations should be done in order to help the car run without issue on a track day. So far it's seems to be fresh oil (1 quart extra), new brake pads, higher temp brake fluid, summer tires, proper cool down time once off track What else could be done to insure the safety of the car?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 03:20 PM   #2
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

I'd say make sure the cooling system has been refreshed/or at least looked over VERY well. These cars run hot on the track, so don't want something to go out/break and risk damaging the engine or even your car/others cars by putting down coolant on the track. A tranny and dif fluid change wouldn't hurt. Make sure all tie-rods and bushings are in good condition. Do a google search for HPDE/track day prep and you'll find lots of good guides, that what I did to get mine ready.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
MHZ335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
I'd say make sure the cooling system has been refreshed/or at least looked over VERY well. These cars run hot on the track, so don't want something to go out/break and risk damaging the engine or even your car/others cars by putting down coolant on the track. A tranny and dif fluid change wouldn't hurt. Make sure all tie-rods and bushings are in good condition. Do a google search for HPDE/track day prep and you'll find lots of good guides, that what I did to get mine ready.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllSic_Design View Post
Good idea on the cooling system check. Not sure on the trans fluid flush yet. Many people seem to have transmission issues after doing the flush on the zf6
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2019, 09:43 AM   #4
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

I did my flush at 120k miles and I'm now at 205k and tranny is still going well.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2020, 10:26 AM   #5
Synectic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i mtech

A better alignment or at least just realign it would be great too.
Nut and bolt the car, you don't want anything loosening up on track, plastics/undertray panels especially
Appreciate 3