E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > USB stick not loading

03-08-2015, 01:03 PM   #1
TheBlondeFella
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 320i M Sport

USB stick not loading

So I'm on my way home from work today listening to music from my USB stick.
I want to ask SIRI a question, so I hold the Apple home button the music goes quiet (with the normal quiet background hissing I get when ever I use SIRI) and SIRI does its thing.

Then it all goes wrong...

The music never comes back on leaving me with the back ground hissing. I toggle to the radio and all is good although I'm still getting the hissing background noise. I then toggle back to USB and all I get is 'loading' with some dots after it.

I've turned the Bluetooth off the phone, turned off the phone, taken the USB stick out turned off the head unit and the engine too but all I get is 'loading' when on USB and a constant quiet hiss.

I'm sure the issue must be connected to the Bluetooth and USB rather than the head unit 'just breaking' as it seems too much like a coincidence for it not to be.
Any ideas? Is there a reset button for the HU? Has anyone else had 'loading' when using a previously used USB before?

Last edited by TheBlondeFella; 03-08-2015 at 06:06 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 07:27 AM   #2
alex-qts
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i N54 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlondeFella View Post
So I'm on my way home from work today listening to music from my USB stick.
I want to ask SIRI a question, so I hold the Apple home button the music goes quiet (with the normal quiet background hissing I get when ever I use SIRI) and SIRI does its thing.

Then it all goes wrong...

The music never comes back on leaving me with the back ground hissing. I toggle to the radio and all is good although I'm still getting the hissing background noise. I then toggle back to USB and all I get is 'loading' with some dots after it.

I've turned the Bluetooth off the phone, turned off the phone, taken the USB stick out turned off the head unit and the engine too but all I get is 'loading' when on USB and a constant quiet hiss.

I'm sure the issue must be connected to the Bluetooth and USB rather than the head unit 'just breaking' as it seems too much like a coincidence for it not to be.
Any ideas? Is there a reset button for the HU? Has anyone else had 'loading' when using a previously used USB before?
Push the volume / mute button (small with the chrome ring) on the CIC for like 20-30 seconds. The unit will reboot. Had to do it once before. Hopefully it solves your issue!

If that fails, maybe it's the Combox / TCU? Next step for me after a CIC reset would be battery reset as last resort. Might be worth a shot.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 07:39 AM   #3
TheBlondeFella
First Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: E93 320i M Sport

I took the HU out and disconnected it over night to hopefully reset it and it seemed to do the trick.
Wish I'd know about your method though, it would have been easier ...