E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > e90 325i blower going on and off

06-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #1
kreso
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i e90 06'

Unhappy e90 325i blower going on and off

Hey guys, I just got my starter changed(2006 325i) and during the whole ride home my A/c(on max speed and low speed) was going on and off. Same with the heat also intermittent, on and off the whole way home. The only fan blower that doesn't go on and off now is the front defogger. Would the starter replacement have anything to do with this or is this just bad luck? Any fixes? Any more information needed from my end to help diagnose? Thanks for any replies.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 04:50 PM   #2
kreso
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i e90 06'

fixed it

Thanks to another forum member I found the solution already on the forum. Some WD-40 did the trick! Here's the post that helped:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman475 View Post
Hello all

I had a problem with the heater blower motor it was not working at all. I checked the fuses ,they were ok then i decided to replace it.but before you replace it please take out the micro filter from under the bonnet

Then from the passenger side duct on the right hand driven cars look at the blower motor .you will see a rusty bolt please take wd40 and a long straw and put it on top of put lot of it eg a spoon full.

Then turn your car on and make sure the blower is on from the digital controls .move the blower motor with help of a screw driver or any other object that could get into the duct .and it will start working .if your motor is not fully blown .

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #3
devildogae
Rep
Drives: 06 330XI

I'm having the variable speed problem with my blower. Thing is I've replaced the blower which came with a new final stage resistor, so both are new. But the problem has not gone away. Blower speed with randomly change, but AC is still cold. Please Help
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 12:30 AM   #4
user330xi
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Same here. New wiring harness & resistor. Still blows intermittently except for on windshield setting. Halp!
Appreciate 0