E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition > *The Official P90x Progress/Motivation Thread*

03-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #353
bassholic
Rep
Drives: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Anyone doing the p90x and not exactly following the diet guide?

I've just been eating less, no real red meat, diet pop and water, etc. I'm on week 2 now and I'm already seeing some results. Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat w/ the "diet".

Good job ya'llz
I do not follow the guide and the weekends kill me. However I do this workout to stay active and have a happy balance. Chips, beer, lqr on the weekends are decent cheats. It slows my progress, but i know where i want to be.

Phase 3 starts today
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2010, 11:38 PM   #354
fxie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CS FDBII, 2018 AW 440GC

I've always been a gym rat, but after reading up on everyone's experiences with P90X, I am definitely going to give it a try!

This thread is awesome too, great way to keep motivated. I just finished downloading the videos yesterday and tried the Ab Ripper....damn that shit kicked my ass. My abs and hip flexors are sooo sore, I can barely walk lol

Definitely looking forward to starting this up
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #355
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxie View Post
I've always been a gym rat, but after reading up on everyone's experiences with P90X, I am definitely going to give it a try!

This thread is awesome too, great way to keep motivated. I just finished downloading the videos yesterday and tried the Ab Ripper....damn that shit kicked my ass. My abs and hip flexors are sooo sore, I can barely walk lol

Definitely looking forward to starting this up
a buddy of mine tried Ab Ripper X after seeing and laughing at his gf who was struggling through it. he could barely move for a week!!

those bicycle movements in the beginning really get to me....seems soo simple but i can really feel it by the time you have to go in reverse. guess i'm just weak..
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 04:37 PM   #356
fxie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by import36 View Post
a buddy of mine tried Ab Ripper X after seeing and laughing at his gf who was struggling through it. he could barely move for a week!!

those bicycle movements in the beginning really get to me....seems soo simple but i can really feel it by the time you have to go in reverse. guess i'm just weak..
Those get to me too. I think it is due to the fact we rarely use those muscles. The bicycles really work your thighs, particularly the hip flexor muscles that connect with your lower abdominals. I can run through the rest of the Ab Ripper ok, but I really feel the bicycles the next day lol.
2014 AW F31 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2010, 05:46 PM   #357
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Lol kid couldn't move for a week, sucker :P

Ab ripper x is a good core workout regiment and it isn't too long Out of the whole workout, what gets me the most are the fifer scissors and pulse ups.

At the gym, I've joined a ab workout class. It's an intense 30 minutes workout and after that, my friend and I finish up another 15 minutes of ab ripper x/p90x+ ab workout. By the time we are done, we're mush LOL
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2010, 01:01 AM   #358
fxie
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Lol kid couldn't move for a week, sucker :P

Ab ripper x is a good core workout regiment and it isn't too long Out of the whole workout, what gets me the most are the fifer scissors and pulse ups.

At the gym, I've joined a ab workout class. It's an intense 30 minutes workout and after that, my friend and I finish up another 15 minutes of ab ripper x/p90x+ ab workout. By the time we are done, we're mush LOL
You are hardcore man. At this point in time, I can't even keep up with the ab ripper x video :S

Btw, with the video, are we supposed to do ALL the reps no matter how long it takes us (pausing/playing until all 25 reps are completed), or try to get in as many reps as you can before Tony moves on to the next exercise?
2014 AW F31 (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #359
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxie View Post
You are hardcore man. At this point in time, I can't even keep up with the ab ripper x video :S

Btw, with the video, are we supposed to do ALL the reps no matter how long it takes us (pausing/playing until all 25 reps are completed), or try to get in as many reps as you can before Tony moves on to the next exercise?
Well for the Ab Ripper Excercise, try to do the whole 25 reps even if it takes you longer to do. However, if your form is going bad or you really can't get ur body up to what it is suppose to be, you should stop and rest. Once you get ur wind back, go to the next excercise.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2010, 11:47 PM   #360
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Ab Ripper kills me man. I just finished legs and back, taking a break before ar-x....

The in and outs hurt my back, the bicycles hurt my back, I can't do all of the huggy frog or whatever, always take breaks... I can't keep my legs straight to do the leg climb properly... its a mess, but I do my best. I feel like I've gotten a work out afterwards and I'm definitely seeing some results, so it's all good!
      04-05-2010, 09:06 AM   #361
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattssi View Post
Ab Ripper kills me man. I just finished legs and back, taking a break before ar-x....

The in and outs hurt my back, the bicycles hurt my back, I can't do all of the huggy frog or whatever, always take breaks... I can't keep my legs straight to do the leg climb properly... its a mess, but I do my best. I feel like I've gotten a work out afterwards and I'm definitely seeing some results, so it's all good!
sounds like me bro. my back doesn't necessarily hurt...but i can't straighten out my legs that well because i have poor flexibility. but i do my best.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 08:45 PM   #362
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i MT

I would recommend you guys lift heavy weights instead of doing phase two. I noticed phase two didn't really do much for my body cuz it was too much like phase one. I went back to my old routine of lifting heavy and noticed a huge difference after the first week. Gonna do phase 3 after this though..

muscle confusion FTW!

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #363
CraigGT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 LCI Black Sapphire

Just did day 1/week 1 classic. They need to up those minimum requirements! I can do 3*10 reps wide pull ups and 3*50 reps military pushups, but I threw chunks 40 minutes into chest/back!

Though it may be because I have been on a 1200 calorie daily diet the last 3 months and kept my same daily food routine with the workout.

Definitely going to force myself to eat more calories and replace all my coffee/diet sodas with water!

I'm thinking I will use this week to learn the workouts and start "week 1" next week!

Craig

Last edited by CraigGT; 04-06-2010 at 06:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 06:17 PM   #364
Seabiscuit
Aequitas Veritas
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 135i

Ok, I'm about to get down on this too.

This was me right after I graduated High School in '08, but since then I've packed on about 30 pounds. I don't think it should take me that long to spring back into it.

I'm starting the program tonight
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #365
mattssi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigGT View Post
Just did day 1/week 1 classic. They need to up those minimum requirements! I can do 3*10 reps wide pull ups and 3*50 reps military pushups, but I threw chunks 40 minutes into chest/back!

Though it may be because I have been on a 1200 calorie daily diet the last 3 months and kept my same daily food routine with the workout.

Definitely going to force myself to eat more calories and replace all my coffee/diet sodas with water!

I'm thinking I will use this week to learn the workouts and start "week 1" next week!

Craig
I can't do NEARLY as many pull ups as them. At the beginning I can usually do 10-12. Near the end there, I can only do like 3 and I use a chair... Doesn't matter though, I'm still getting a good workout as long as I continue w/ the chair assist.

Starting Week 4 today... blah, Yoga!
      04-06-2010, 07:39 PM   #366
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabiscuit View Post
Ok, I'm about to get down on this too.

This was me right after I graduated High School in '08, but since then I've packed on about 30 pounds. I don't think it should take me that long to spring back into it.

I'm starting the program tonight
Dude with that sorta body as a base, I don't see you taking long to get that back lol. Eat right + some P90X will get you back in tiptop shape no more than 60 days haha.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #367
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

plyo fucking destroyed me today. holy shit
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #368
CraigGT
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 LCI Black Sapphire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
plyo fucking destroyed me today. holy shit
+1. My legs feel like jelly, and I didn't even manage the entire thing(I did everything for the first 30 minutes, then I could barely move my legs so I did the first set of 4 of each workout and missed out on the second set)! Still getting used to the system.

On a plus side, I started my version of a high protein diet and already felt the difference in energy (1200 calories yesterday wasn't nearly enough). This is great, a workout hasn't made me painful in a long time!

Last edited by CraigGT; 04-06-2010 at 08:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 02:42 AM   #369
bassholic
Rep
Drives: 3

I love plyo - best cardio.

To the person who said wide pull ups 3 *10. Pullups are a max rep excercise and i am sure the people on the tv are doing 15-20+

TO the person who thought phase 2 did nothing for them, i think you have it baxkwards . Phase 2 is the more intense work out regimen
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 10:09 AM   #370
leocdmg
That Guy
Rep
Drives: to infinity and beyond

Hey all you guys... I formaly am no longer doing p90x or this contest. My dog was diagnosed with cancer and between taking care of him, the chemo, and work just lost all motivation to do anything. Good luck guys I wish you the best. Let me know who wins!!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #371
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
Hey all you guys... I formaly am no longer doing p90x or this contest. My dog was diagnosed with cancer and between taking care of him, the chemo, and work just lost all motivation to do anything. Good luck guys I wish you the best. Let me know who wins!!
Sorry to hear about that

At the very least, eat a well balanced diet. Nutrition far out ways the workout anyways. Best of luck to ya.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2010, 03:09 PM   #372
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by leocdmg View Post
sorry to hear that bud. i have since fallen off the workout wagon too. i got sick about 3 weeks ago...then started a garage renovation project. thing is i have kept my diet up pretty well....and i guess the activity i'm doing in the garage is enough to keep me losing weight(very little). but nothing like the results i'd get from doin p90x.

keep up the great work everyone...i'm with you in spirit!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #373
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

Graduation Day!!

It's been a long 3 months but it's been well worth it. I hope you all are still "pushing play."

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #374
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gill@Tirerack.com View Post
Graduation Day!!

It's been a long 3 months but it's been well worth it. I hope you all are still "pushing play."
Congrats Gill!! how would you describe your results?
Appreciate 0