E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Help E92 Snap in + Baseplate connection

03-02-2021, 01:02 PM   #1
Ledynx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i Coupe

Garage List
2008 bmw 328i   [0.00]
Help E92 Snap in + Baseplate connection

This has probably been covered before but I have trouble finding any meaningful information anywhere.
I've got an 08 328i which i retrofitted years ago with a CIC from a 2012 E90. My options were limited back then and I was thrilled just to get my iPod to play with album pictures etc.
Recently I was able to add more functionality and I not have the pandora and spotify setup, but also satellite radio. I basically had all the possible options coded in. I also got a base plate and snapin adapter, along with an iphone 5s.
I have those connected but I have no power whatsoever to the the baseplate/snapin.
I traced the wires from the baseplate connector to the original TCU connector in the trunk. Unfortunately the wiring harness that I got doesn't connect those pin outs to the combox.
My car only came with a TCU, no MULF.
I'm looking for a wiring diagram on how/where to connect the baseplate so it functions as required.
thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 11:10 PM   #2
emanmor345
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledynx View Post
This has probably been covered before but I have trouble finding any meaningful information anywhere.
I've got an 08 328i which i retrofitted years ago with a CIC from a 2012 E90. My options were limited back then and I was thrilled just to get my iPod to play with album pictures etc.
Recently I was able to add more functionality and I not have the pandora and spotify setup, but also satellite radio. I basically had all the possible options coded in. I also got a base plate and snapin adapter, along with an iphone 5s.
I have those connected but I have no power whatsoever to the the baseplate/snapin.
I traced the wires from the baseplate connector to the original TCU connector in the trunk. Unfortunately the wiring harness that I got doesn't connect those pin outs to the combox.
I'm looking for a wiring diagram on how/where to connect the baseplate so it functions as required.
thanks
before combox there was MULF and with 6FL the usb in the armrest was routed to the black HSD connection which transfered to combox, the blue port is usb as well but is for the snap in adapter, might need to run one of those

NBT EVO ID4 + ATM W/ carsystems adapter
LCD3, M3 DCT wheel, OSRAM CBB, LUX V8.1
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2021, 12:05 PM   #3
Ledynx
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 328i Coupe

Garage List
2008 bmw 328i   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by emanmor345 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledynx View Post
thanks
before combox there was MULF and with 6FL the usb in the armrest was routed to the black HSD connection which transfered to combox, the blue port is usb as well but is for the snap in adapter, might need to run one of those
I already did. The main problem is the other antenna and power connectors to the baseplate. I'm not sure where to go.
Appreciate 0