E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Slow acceleration / MAF adaptations / Mean quantity adaptations

05-07-2021, 05:06 AM   #1
eee91
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e91 320d

Question Slow acceleration / MAF adaptations / Mean quantity adaptations

Sorry if this isn't the right subforum to ask this. I just need help from the diesel experts

I recently bought an 2006 e91 320d automatic (163hp).
The seller said it has been remapped (around 200hp/400nm).

I noticed the car had become pretty slow in general.
The best 0-60mph time i could get was around 10 seconds.
There wasn't a big loss of power at a specfic RPM. The car just felt slow in general.

I had a code 3FC0. I read on some forums that it could be solved by reseting MAF adaptations. People also said mean quantity adaptations should be reset at the same time.

The MAF adaptation values were before 2003.2 / 651.9 (Idle / Load). I reseted them and mean quantity adaptations. They were set to 0 / 0. After driving around 15 miles (and turning the car off 3 times during that trip) the MAF adaptation values were still stuck on 0 / 0.

The code 3FC0 is now gone but now the car feels even slower compared to the starting point

I started wondering, could reseting these 2 things possibly cause the remap to be "lost" and return to factory settings? Or is the slow feeling only because of the MAF values still being 0 / 0. Should there be some new values after driving 15 miles or how long should it take?

Also tips on solving the sluggish acceleration problem are much appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance!
Appreciate 0