E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N54/N55 Ignition Coil Connector Socket Part Sourcing

09-09-2022, 09:44 AM   #1
Alturiak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

N54/N55 Ignition Coil Connector Socket Part Sourcing

Does anyone know where I can find the information for the ignition coil engine harness electrical connector, part number 12-52-7-519-996? I'm specifically trying to obtain it directly from the manufacturer. It appears to be the Lear Corporation, but I can't find anything that can direct me to this plug showing on their website or catalogs. Are there any other manufacturers that make a good replica? I've looked at TE, AMP, Phoenix, and Molex and haven't seen this plug anywhere. I've seen it close on Kostal's catalog but it was only a 2 pol version. Any help would be much appreciated!

And to answer questions I know will already come up- yes I'm aware I can simply buy the part from a vendor for $5/plug. I'm more interested in making my own wiring harnesses and want to be able to source the female and male sides of this connector. I've looked at both Precision Raceworks and Nexys' connectors from their kits and there is no information on them besides their respective logos on them. But I figure they must be getting them from somewhere, right?

So far I've been able to source the connectors for almost every other sensor connection under the hood directly from the manufacturers, and this is the only one I can't find.
2011 E92 M-Sport BSM, Built N55 with 9.5:1 compression and forged internals, VAC Stage 3 Ported Head, custom tuned by Twisted Tuning, PR Coils, Pure Stage 2, Fuel It! Phoenix Race PI Manifold, StopTech BBK 380mm front 345mm rear, BBS CH-R Titanium, Dinan exhaust w/black tips, BMS Intake, DCT shifter retrofit, VRSF 3.5" downpipe, VRSF 7" HD IC, CSL CF trunk, 335is Rear Diffusor, Alpina B3 Trans Flash
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2022, 12:32 PM   #2
rbryantaz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E70 4.8i, 2008 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.67]
2007 BMW X5 4.8i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alturiak View Post
Does anyone know where I can find the information for the ignition coil engine harness electrical connector, part number 12-52-7-519-996? I'm specifically trying to obtain it directly from the manufacturer. It appears to be the Lear Corporation, but I can't find anything that can direct me to this plug showing on their website or catalogs. Are there any other manufacturers that make a good replica? I've looked at TE, AMP, Phoenix, and Molex and haven't seen this plug anywhere. I've seen it close on Kostal's catalog but it was only a 2 pol version. Any help would be much appreciated!

And to answer questions I know will already come up- yes I'm aware I can simply buy the part from a vendor for $5/plug. I'm more interested in making my own wiring harnesses and want to be able to source the female and male sides of this connector. I've looked at both Precision Raceworks and Nexys' connectors from their kits and there is no information on them besides their respective logos on them. But I figure they must be getting them from somewhere, right?

So far I've been able to source the connectors for almost every other sensor connection under the hood directly from the manufacturers, and this is the only one I can't find.
I don't think there is a matching male pin connector for the coil connectors. The female plugs are designed only as a female to fit directly on the coils.

That is why some of the suppliers have created their own 3d printed versions. There are connectors that use the same terminals (I do have some of those) but I haven't ever found what you are looking for from any original supplier

-Rich
      09-19-2022, 10:23 AM   #3
Alturiak
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 335i

Have you been able to source the terminals from an outside supplier? I haven't been able to find much Kostal (the terminal manufacturer) products available to buy either.

But as far as the connectors go, it seems like buying from a China supplier is pretty much the only option that's not from a dealer. It's too bad too because I finally found an easy alternative for the boost solenoid style connector that works just as well as the OEM one. I was hoping to be able to that for the ignition coil plug but getting lightning to strike twice is unlikely lol
2011 E92 M-Sport BSM, Built N55 with 9.5:1 compression and forged internals, VAC Stage 3 Ported Head, custom tuned by Twisted Tuning, PR Coils, Pure Stage 2, Fuel It! Phoenix Race PI Manifold, StopTech BBK 380mm front 345mm rear, BBS CH-R Titanium, Dinan exhaust w/black tips, BMS Intake, DCT shifter retrofit, VRSF 3.5" downpipe, VRSF 7" HD IC, CSL CF trunk, 335is Rear Diffusor, Alpina B3 Trans Flash
Appreciate 0