E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E92 335i suspension for daily & serious track day

11-11-2019, 03:59 AM   #1
Rain
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 LCI 30e

E92 335i suspension for daily & serious track day

Hi fellas,

So apparently my suspension is the bottleneck for me at that point (ST XA) or at least this is how I feel it, so I'm considering some upgrade in the near future (most likely for season 2020).

I have few options in different price categories so I would like to check with you which is the best for the money. The car is without cage so hopefully some of those option will not break something (heard such stories for the rear full coilovers for example).

BC ZR SERIES COILOVER
D2 Super Racing Coilover Kit
KW Clubsport 2 way - for this kit different springs will be needed for sure since the kit is the same for every non M3 E92 (e.g. 320-335) and are way softer than the kit for M3
Nitron R1
Intrax 1k2 - the basic kit without the ARC and rest of the extras due to price. Link is for M3 but the price is the same for 335i.

The car have M3 control arms kit + H&R sway bars which improve it a lot but still the lack of camber is greatly noticed (as well as on the tyres).

For the track days it will be used with slick tyres if that matter.

Some guide/review for this specific case will be much appreciated
      11-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
Soravia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 Silver xDrive 6MT

You're spending too much money. Get with www.meisterR.com
They don't list the E9x but they have them, www.meisterr.co.uk for example.

Get the $995 shipped in US kit or better. US warehouse is in SC I think.
Daily ride is very good and still takes seriously on the track.

Also upgrade the suspension arms in the rear along with bushings (not poly, just solid rubber instead of liquid filled(
Appreciate 1
lab_rat394.50
      11-19-2019, 06:27 AM   #3
Rain
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep

Will keep it in mind, thanks Soravia (more on the arms hint, not sure I want to experiment with unknown suspension to me).

Any other inputs?
      11-19-2019, 06:48 AM   #4
Soravia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 Silver xDrive 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Will keep it in mind, thanks Soravia (more on the arms hint, not sure I want to experiment with unknown suspension to me).

Any other inputs?
It's not unknown. They win races in UK. And they are big in Miata group. It's nothing but suspension and tire for Miata to win at autox, etc.
Have had them for 3+ years 34k miles riding daily
Billet aluminum one piece body, steel for strut though. Has every feature you can imagine included. Damping is great for comfort over big bumps, grips over small bumps. Keeps my supercharged Miata gripping the road.
Too bad they don't have xDrive version.
Appreciate 2
Rain39.00
lab_rat394.50
      11-19-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Any other inputs?
Yes. Ohlins Road and Track thoroughly recommended here...
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 1
Rain39.00
      11-28-2019, 08:16 AM   #6
Grant_McGrath
Australia
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 335 2008

Quote:
Hi fellas,

So apparently my suspension is the bottleneck for me at that point (ST XA) or at least this is how I feel it, so I'm considering some upgrade in the near future (most likely for season 2020).

I have few options in different price categories so I would like to check with you which is the best for the money. The car is without cage so hopefully some of those option will not break something (heard such stories for the rear full coilovers for example).

BC ZR SERIES COILOVER
D2 Super Racing Coilover Kit
KW Clubsport 2 way - for this kit different springs will be needed for sure since the kit is the same for every non M3 E92 (e.g. 320-335) and are way softer than the kit for M3
Nitron R1
Intrax 1k2 - the basic kit without the ARC and rest of the extras due to price. Link is for M3 but the price is the same for 335i.

The car have M3 control arms kit + H&R sway bars which improve it a lot but still the lack of camber is greatly noticed (as well as on the tyres).

For the track days it will be used with slick tyres if that matter.

Some guide/review for this specific case will be much appreciated
Im looking at v2s. I Just want to lower my e92 no track days and not be to uncomfortable. Good choice 0f could in your opinion
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2019, 01:10 PM   #7
Rain
Private First Class
Bulgaria
Rep

Can't go wrong with KW for sure. If only for the lowering maybe even V1 is good for you.