E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Has anyone fitted an Eisenmann Performance Race Exhaust on a 325d? - HELP!

11-18-2015, 05:09 AM   #23
MsportFury
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Comp & E92 325d

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn30d View Post
MSportFury: You probably could get the DPF delete part of the map done, without the "tuning" part, but thats kinda pointless, and a remap transforms how these cars drive so its kinda silly not to just do both. A mild stage1 map will take the car upto about level with a stock 330d, and wont in any way stress any of the engine components, becuase they're all the same as the 330d anyway.
Thanks for the advice Aragorn30d, will think about the map, as you say, if there is no added stress then that is the best way to go, my worry is that if i were to get into an Accident, would my insurance company be able to tell that i'd re-mapped the car? Also, is there anyway to do this DPF delete without revealing the horrible turbo whistle sound?
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 05:13 AM   #24
Aragorn30d
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Its possible, but very unlikely that the insurance company could find out that you remapped the car unless you tell them.

To find out would require expensive dealer or tuner tools to read out the contents of the cars ECU, and then compare that with a unmodified factory file. Levels of effort that just dont seem worthwhile.

Ofcourse you should probably tell them that you've done it as with any mod.

And as for the whistle, its not really evident inside the car at all. You hear it a bit outside at low loads and thats about it. Not really a huge issue tbh.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 05:14 AM   #25
MsportFury
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 M4 Comp & E92 325d

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
Lol no worries bud,have you ever thought about selling your diesel and buying a 325i,because in my opinion too,no matter what you spend on your diesel it'll never sound as good as a petrol
Definitely not gonna think about selling, i've only had the car for 3 months, wish i'd known about sound issues when i made the purchase, but i didn't unfortunately.. Plus i know it will never sound as good as a modded petrol, but of course there are ways to make it sound better than stock.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2015, 07:25 AM   #26
Rich_D
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M Sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsportFury View Post
The plan would be to do it as you have mentioned yeah.

When you talking about the re-map for performance is torque, is that done because removing the DPF decreases performance?

I know you obviously have to get the map that stops the ECU from showing error codes and DPF light etc. - but is the performance and torque map needed? Or just an extra that people do seeing as they are already getting the car mapped? Been confused about this for a while!

If you're not sure, could someone else please Clarfiy the above question please!!

I wouldn't want to increase power and torque at this point as I want the car to last as long as possible and not mess with too much stuff, I'm just doing this for the extra powersound and a couple horses.
The DPF is a restriction in the exhaust system, if you remove this the car needs to be programmed to suit and prevent any fault lights, running issues, etc...

You can do this re-programming without remapping for more power & torque, although by the fact that you've removed the DPF it will be gain power & torque, but considering the costs are basically the same, you'd be mad not to get it remapped at the same time.

My 330d is running 291bhp & 602Nm, it's been remapped for a couple of years now, mileage is currently 112k miles and there are not negative side effects, it's lovely to drive, good of fuel and goes like stink!

Your 325d is the same basic 3.0 engine, but has been de-tuned, it can safely run a lot more power and will not dramatically shorten it's life or mess stuff up, as you put it, these are a very reliable engine.

Stop worrying...