E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Red Brake Warning. New brakes and one-off TC warning. Brake pad sensor codes only.

10-20-2019, 03:39 PM   #1
Wadger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Red Brake Warning. New brakes and one-off TC warning. Brake pad sensor codes only.

Hi all,

I have a 2007 335i which has suddenly thrown a light or two on my dash.

I fitted new discs, pads and sensors all round less than 500 miles ago.
My rear pad sensor fell out of its routing clips a week ago and wore away on the drive shaft I beleive l, which tripped the yellow warning. I just cut the wire and connected both together to disable warning, as I'm always checking my car so it's not a must to have these sensors.

So today I was driving with the traction control in DTC mode, half on I suppose.
I haven't used this in a long time but everything was going fine until I switched my car off and restarted.

So I got home turned off, went inside and came immediately back out and restarted and pressed DTC button. I turned off engine again immediately afterwards as I forgot somthing lol.

So when I restarted this time, the dash started alarming and I had the yellow brake warning and the traction control warning(no ABS warning). These both came up in the check control when using BC aswell as the lights on dash.
I turned off again and restarted and again the same thing.
I had to be somewhere so I carefully drove for 5 mins and turned off again leaving for twenty mins or so. In the period obviously traction control wasn't working, cruise control not responding also..

This time when I restarted the car the warnings mentioned above were gone, however I now have the red Brake Warning light and red service warning

I drove straight home and plugged her in using INPA and all I could find were two codes for brake pad sensors. Front and rear.
So I thought I would clear the errors, however when I pressed clear, the traction control light and ABS light flickered on dash. However a reread showed no errors.
Upon starting up again, I immediately got the red Brake light and red service warning.
Again I read the codes and got the brake pad sensors. When a cleared the codes I got the same as previous flicker on dash.

Has anyone experienced similar to this? Could it just be a little hicup for the ecu?
I will try changing the brake pad sensors, or just use my old ones with wires twisted together again to see if this removes the errors. I just though if the sensors triggered I would be on yellow warning as I did for the rear a week or so ago. Or is it because it's both it has gone straight to red?
Has got me a little rattled tbh as I just thought I was in the clear on all my basic maintenance and wouldn't have to spend for a while lol.

Thanks to all for taking the time to read and even more so those who can give me some insight.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

And this effects your stereo and Bluetooth How?
You need to move this to the general section.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2019, 02:53 AM   #3
Wadger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Thanks ctuna, apologies for the error.
Appreciate 0