E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Doors wont lock/unlock

12-19-2019, 04:29 PM   #1
HomerSumpson
Rep
Drives: BMW 325XI

Doors wont lock/unlock

I have a 2006 325xi and I live in Minnesota so its pretty cold. This morning when i went to get in my car using the metal key and it was frozen so i had to put some force into it but it worked eventually. I went to lock my car later and it doesn't do anything. When i turn it in the hole it feels a little looser than usual and there's no sound of the actuators trying to lock/unlock. I hit the button inside and it makes sound like the actuators are getting power but the locks stay up.
I tried replacing one of the door lock fuses (57) and nothing happened so I undid the negative terminal on the battery and after a little bolted it back on. Still nothing though. Anyone know what the problem might be? Its not an ASAP problem as they are stuck open but id like to fix it soon.
If anyone needs more info just let me know and any help is appreciated

Side note: The key fob itself hasn't worked since i bought the car thats why I use the metal one.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #2
PhaseP
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325XI

Try to warm around the lock with hot air blower or drier, see if that will make it work. You may need to spend some time warming it. Moisture may have frozen the mechanism. My trunk lid wasn't locking the other day, after a long drive it did. An old other car i used to have had door lock not locking at winter unless it was warmed up, moisture problem. Had sprayed all the lock mechanism with wd40 inside out, had seemed to help. Car was gone before next winter.
Appreciate 0