E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Bluetooth Coding Help Needed

08-17-2023, 12:44 AM   #1
ahmetcanack
Rep
Drives: E90 320D

Exclamation Bluetooth Coding Help Needed

Hey fellas, I hope you are having a great day.

I have a 2012 E90 320D with bn2000 combox in the trunk. The usb in the armrest is active and I can connect my iphone 11 with a lightning cable.

First off before anything else, I would like to ask you that when i connect my phone with cable, the album art shows in the first song that i play, but after that when the song changes, the album art does not refresh also the song name doesnt change sometimes.

Is there a workaround for this? How can I fix this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

So lets get into the good stuff.

Before I tell you anything, I must clarify that I am a newbie. I had my car for 2 months and I just got the k+dcan cable with the switch yesterday. And also I just downloaded BMW Standart tools from bimmer geeks and just installed them. I have never plugged my cable to the car. The car is at the shop becuase its having transmission issues.

But I will have my car back tomorrow at noon and will immediately tinker with coding.

I have watched some tutorials but everything differs, people having different cars and using different ncsexpert profiles etc.

What i am looking forward to achieve is that firstly I would like to activate the bluetooth in my car. I will be getting an antenna. After that, I would like to code some of the small stuff like digital speedometer and such.

Now, what should i do, what do you guys suggest. I am very stubborn and eagered to learn. So I must succeed. Can you guys please help me?

Also, would you please explain things with more details. I have yet to understand the sentence "add $644 to vo". I dont know what it means yet.

Lastly, while I am here, I would like to ask; can i program the recirculation button on the steering wheel? I would like it to do something else.

Thanks in advance guys. Hope everything goes well. Hope to see your helpful answers soon.

Have a great day.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 10:29 PM   #2
sam9116
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: ​

for digital speedometer just follow this video.

Also I think that is a pretty good first mod for someone who haven't done coding before.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 11:53 PM   #3
ahmetcanack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam9116 View Post
for digital speedometer just follow this video.

Also I think that is a pretty good first mod for someone who haven't done coding before.
Thanks, will definitely be my first coding.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2023, 11:54 PM   #4
ahmetcanack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmetcanack View Post
Hey fellas, I hope you are having a great day.

I have a 2012 E90 320D with bn2000 combox in the trunk. The usb in the armrest is active and I can connect my iphone 11 with a lightning cable.

First off before anything else, I would like to ask you that when i connect my phone with cable, the album art shows in the first song that i play, but after that when the song changes, the album art does not refresh also the song name doesnt change sometimes.

Is there a workaround for this? How can I fix this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

So lets get into the good stuff.

Before I tell you anything, I must clarify that I am a newbie. I had my car for 2 months and I just got the k+dcan cable with the switch yesterday. And also I just downloaded BMW Standart tools from bimmer geeks and just installed them. I have never plugged my cable to the car. The car is at the shop becuase its having transmission issues.

But I will have my car back tomorrow at noon and will immediately tinker with coding.

I have watched some tutorials but everything differs, people having different cars and using different ncsexpert profiles etc.

What i am looking forward to achieve is that firstly I would like to activate the bluetooth in my car. I will be getting an antenna. After that, I would like to code some of the small stuff like digital speedometer and such.

Now, what should i do, what do you guys suggest. I am very stubborn and eagered to learn. So I must succeed. Can you guys please help me?

Also, would you please explain things with more details. I have yet to understand the sentence "add $644 to vo". I dont know what it means yet.

Lastly, while I am here, I would like to ask; can i program the recirculation button on the steering wheel? I would like it to do something else.

Thanks in advance guys. Hope everything goes well. Hope to see your helpful answers soon.

Have a great day.

Any other suggestions guys?

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 05:51 AM   #5
Raghza
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i N55 DCT

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmetcanack View Post
Hello!
Adding an option code to VO (Vehicle Order) is a part of the coding process when you are retrofitting or activating some optional equipment.
Usually the process is "adding $xxx code to VO" and then re-coding the required modules to accept and activate the added option code.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 05:56 AM   #6
ahmetcanack
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghza View Post
Hello!
Adding an option code to VO (Vehicle Order) is a part of the coding process when you are retrofitting or activating some optional equipment.
Usually the process is "adding $xxx code to VO" and then re-coding the required modules to accept and activate the added option code.
Thanks, how do i know which modules to code for a given option.

For example, as I said, I would like to put an antenna and code the combox for bluetooth. What should i do?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 06:04 AM   #7
Raghza
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335i N55 DCT

Garage List
2010 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Usually googling and searching this forum for what you want to achieve, gives the best results.
There's also a list of the main coding features on the E9x posted to another thread in this forum:
https://www.e90post.com/forums/attac...6&d=1487375332
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 11:19 AM   #8
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

There is a coding sub forum here.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 05:12 PM   #9
ahmetcanack
Rep