E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > * The Official: San Diego Chat Thread (#4) *

08-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #45
jackson29
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92

anyone wants M3 spoiler?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12499168
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #46
vertspeed
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08' 335i e93

So again my wife has dented, scratched, bent, wrecked something on my car....This time she hit a curb that she says supposedly you couldnt see, and of course is begging for forgiveness...Anyways my hyper silver AG M310's now are pretty ragged looking and i think they deserve a little attention.
Can any of you guys recommend a good wheel repair place? I have two decent bends on two of the lips and some lovely road rash on three of the four. i have also been considering getting them powdercoated to gunmetal so that they dont look dirty three days after i clean them. I'm going to post this in the wheel and tires section too for some help (hope thats not like breaking a holy forum rule or anything).
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 05:42 PM   #47
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan76 View Post
So again my wife has dented, scratched, bent, wrecked something on my car....This time she hit a curb that she says supposedly you couldnt see, and of course is begging for forgiveness...Anyways my hyper silver AG M310's now are pretty ragged looking and i think they deserve a little attention.
Can any of you guys recommend a good wheel repair place? I have two decent bends on two of the lips and some lovely road rash on three of the four. i have also been considering getting them powdercoated to gunmetal so that they dont look dirty three days after i clean them. I'm going to post this in the wheel and tires section too for some help (hope thats not like breaking a holy forum rule or anything).
No such thing as holy rules in the unholy perverts lair known as sd chat.

Id honestly just get a new wheel. Repairing bent wheels is sketchy (especially cast wheels) and the heat used to straighten it will compromise strength. You may get lucky and get a few more months out of them, or they may just shit out on you very quickly.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #48
vertspeed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Damn I was afraid I would get told that...here are a few pics. I know looks terrible right? I thInk I should do her sister to get back at her for f'ing up my car like this.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #49
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

Ouch! She focked the ish up! Try American factory wheels over at mission gorge...they got pretty good reviews on yelp and it'll cost less than $100 for the bend and cheaper for the rash. IMO, get used ones off the classifieds...some people are selling onesie twosies
      08-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #50
vertspeed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Ok thanks i'll try them and check the classifieds out. That nasty bend is the first thing i see when i walk in the garage. Pisses me the hell off, happened three days ago and im still not over it. at least at speed theres no shimmy or wobble so i'm thinking/hoping its just cosmetic.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 11:51 PM   #51
arc1880
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i (e92)

Honestly I don't think doing her sister would make you feel better cause you'll be seeing this every time you get into your car ..... But go for it if she'll let you
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #52
dp1027
I'm slow...
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i E92

Garage List
I'm likin' the new diggs San Diego Chat Thread (#4)!
elan76, do the sister, get her pregnant = ultimate bent wheel revenge.

Btw..it looks like you need new Hankook shoes as well!
      08-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #53
Enjoiyourlife
Sensei
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

In on chat thread #4!
      08-17-2012, 08:40 PM   #54
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan76 View Post
Ok thanks i'll try them and check the classifieds out. That nasty bend is the first thing i see when i walk in the garage. Pisses me the hell off, happened three days ago and im still not over it. at least at speed theres no shimmy or wobble so i'm thinking/hoping its just cosmetic.
you shoudlnt be driving long on that wheel . . . it's a pretty big liability and it wont take much to make it leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc1880 View Post
Honestly I don't think doing her sister would make you feel better cause you'll be seeing this every time you get into your car ..... But go for it if she'll let you
Quote:
Originally Posted by dp1027 View Post
I'm likin' the new diggs San Diego Chat Thread (#4)!
elan76, do the sister, get her pregnant = ultimate bent wheel revenge.

Btw..it looks like you need new Hankook shoes as well!
need to determine how hot this sister is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoiyourlife View Post
In on chat thread #4!
oh hi lifeguard
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #55
plokij
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

just used a touch less wash and then a spray detailer with some pretty good results. beats waiting and paying for a crap job. maguiars ultimate quik detailer.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 07:47 PM   #56
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by plokij View Post
just used a touch less wash and then a spray detailer with some pretty good results. beats waiting and paying for a crap job. maguiars ultimate quik detailer.
like a drive through wash?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #57
plokij
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous
Quote:
like a drive through wash?
exactly. high pressure wash and dryer moves around the car in there. even has a wheel brush. gets the heavy soil off and then the spray detailer with microfiber makes it shine. has a synthetic wax in it too. i'm actually blown away how well it came out after checking it over in full sun.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #58
bimmerbene90
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90

We are starting a San Diego BMW Club. Anyone interested please reply. We are going to have meets that include bbqs, dinners, caravans and numerous fun events. We had a starter at crown point on Aug. 5 and we had almost 40 BMWs so I can't wait to see how many we can get together as the word spreads
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #59
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
exactly. high pressure wash and dryer moves around the car in there. even has a wheel brush. gets the heavy soil off and then the spray detailer with microfiber makes it shine. has a synthetic wax in it too. i'm actually blown away how well it came out after checking it over in full sun.
that sounds like my kind of shit. im too lazy to be handwashing now and quick detail makes it so easy.

my only concern is if the drive through washes will be wide enough for my rear wheels (18x10.5) or scratch them up
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 10:47 AM   #60
plokij
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i think the wheel brushes are optional. i don't think the spray jets would hit or clip the car. there are drive lines on the pavement that i'm guessing are the markers that the equipment doesn't cross.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:01 PM   #61
arc1880
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i (e92)

Quote:
i think the wheel brushes are optional. i don't think the spray jets would hit or clip the car. there are drive lines on the pavement that i'm guessing are the markers that the equipment doesn't cross.
So do you do the microfiber and detailer immediately after the wash/air dry?
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #62
Infamous
Secret Asian Man
United_States
Rep

Quote:
my only concern is going to those ones where they vacuum your interior and etc. no matter how hard i try, i cant get it 25% as clean as a team of dudes. i like having em vacuum my shit!

i used to put my old truck through washes like that but with 35 inch tall tires, i didnt give a fuck if they curbed it or if the machine that pulls the car through the wash scraped the tire

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc1880 View Post
So do you do the microfiber and detailer immediately after the wash/air dry?
yep, give it a few squirts for panel and wipe. i always do that when i'm too lazy to use a real wax and rags
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #63
plokij
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

i actually waited a day. the whole point of this exercise for me was to be able to quickly and cheaply get the car looking nice & clean on my own schedule. it took a lot of elbow grease because of pre-existing stains that had been on the paint for a long ass time. now that they're cleared the next time i wipe it down should be cake.

the cost of the wash was $10 bucks. the cost of the spray was around $15 with 3-5 uses per bottle (so i use sparingly at $3 per detail). total cost per exterior "wash" is $13 for me. i figure i'll do it twice a month. i hear there are higher-end spray detailers but i'm more for convenience so whatever walmart had was good enough!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 01:13 AM   #64
Ri-Tard
Im not fat... i'm Squishy!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Anyone know of some cheap oem wheels I could get for a 07 e92? Trying to stay local as in Socal. Selling my car so I want to put OG stuff back in. Let me know. Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 09:27 AM   #65
vertspeed
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I have a decent set of 189's w/ some run flats on them w/ 95% tread. They have been in my garage a while and i dont remember what tires trhey are. If your interested let me know and I'll check and take some pictures if you want.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2012, 12:33 PM   #66
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

GOOD MORNING SD! it's been super quiet here lately.