E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Abs issue

02-22-2024, 07:51 AM   #1
joelcourt1
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Abs issue

Hello I have a bmw e90 320d 08 with an ongoing abs issue.

The lights throwing are traction, abs, airbag and seatbelt. And my Speedo does not work.

I read the codes but the only ones I took note of was both rear sensors, so I changed the both sensors and replaced with ATE ones along with the rings but when I plug in the sensors and start the car my car goes into limp mode and it will barely move and my Speedo will go crazy and say I’m going 20, 40, 60mph when barely moving. Then all Speedo will go back to 0 and limp mode will go away and acts the same as it did before I changed the sensors. But when I stop the car there is a non stop click noise coming from the drivers side of the engine bay which I believe to be the turbo actuator and this will continue until I unplug both sensors.

Tonight I plan to read the codes and take not of every fault and also voltometer the connector for the ABS sensor.

My battery health seems to be completely fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2024, 09:48 AM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelcourt1 View Post
... e90 320d 08 with an ongoing abs issue. The lights throwing are traction, abs, airbag and seatbelt. And my Speedo does not work... there is a non stop click noise coming from the drivers side of the engine bay... and this will continue until I unplug both sensors. Tonight I plan to read the codes and take not of every fault and also voltometer the connector for the ABS sensor...
Isn't your DSC Module located where the "click noise" is coming from? Your ABS, DTC & Speedo issues are probably ALL related to intermittent/ implausible speed signal from rear Wheel Speed Sensor. If you have a Scan Tool that can display Live Data from DSC Module of Wheel Speed Sensor values, use that to determine status of Rear Wheel Speed/Direction. Keep in mind the fact that Wheel Speed Sensor Signals have to travel through connector in wheel well, wiring to DSC, and Connector at DSC. Any issue at one of those locations affects signal as received by DSC. Connector also affects DSC Power Supply/Ground.

Please provide:
1) Last 7 Characters of VIN;
2) Make/Model of Scan Tool;
3) ALL DSC Fault Codes, with any Freeze Frame Data;
4) Description of what Live Data of Rear Wheel Speed Sensors shows;
5) WHERE Click noise is coming from (DSC)?
George
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2024, 01:56 PM   #3
joelcourt1
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
Isn't your DSC Module located where the "click noise" is coming from? Your ABS, DTC & Speedo issues are probably ALL related to intermittent/ implausible speed signal from rear Wheel Speed Sensor. If you have a Scan Tool that can display Live Data from DSC Module of Wheel Speed Sensor values, use that to determine status of Rear Wheel Speed/Direction. Keep in mind the fact that Wheel Speed Sensor Signals have to travel through connector in wheel well, wiring to DSC, and Connector at DSC. Any issue at one of those locations affects signal as received by DSC. Connector also affects DSC Power Supply/Ground.

Please provide:
1) Last 7 Characters of VIN;
2) Make/Model of Scan Tool;
3) ALL DSC Fault Codes, with any Freeze Frame Data;
4) Description of what Live Data of Rear Wheel Speed Sensors shows;
5) WHERE Click noise is coming from (DSC)?
George

Hi George.

Will have to wait till the weekend to get you that info but I have just realised the sensors I put in are for cars with active steering and as far as I can tell my car does not have active steering. Could this be my issue.

Thankyou very much for the help aswell I really appreciate it.
Appreciate 0