E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Bluetooth Retrofit Success

03-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #67
snoozee
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 318i

Unhappy added VO but not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by everlast View Post
Note that it is possible that if you have a MULF-2 unit to code for bluetooth so all you need to add is a BT antenna and the mic. My '08 328xi touring has the MULF-2 and I successfully added the Bluetooth to the VO. After letting the car sleep, the "Phone" option appeared in the radio and I can place calls, etc. I'm currently waiting for my microphone and antenna to come in from Tischer.

I believe MULF-2 High units are found in cars with BMW Professional radio with USB in the center console. It's easy to check, just pull up the cover in the trunk and look for it!
Were you able to get the phone to pair even without installing the mic and antenna?

My 2009 E90 LCI has 6FL option and MULF-2 installed. I've added $644 to the VO and did FA_WRITE to the CAS and NFRM. Also did SG_CODIEREN to the 2RAD module. However, voice control is not working and I'm also not able to do any bluetooth pairing. It seems that the telephone option is not enabled. My radio now shows something like this. (pic taken from the internet)

Appreciate 0
      07-20-2012, 12:27 AM   #68
Dynomyte
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E92

If I have voice command do I need an additional mic or can it be used for both or removed and used as the BT mic only? I never use voice command.

My car is 2007 fully loaded - BT
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 10:10 AM   #69
moreno1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozee View Post
Were you able to get the phone to pair even without installing the mic and antenna?

My 2009 E90 LCI has 6FL option and MULF-2 installed. I've added $644 to the VO and did FA_WRITE to the CAS and NFRM. Also did SG_CODIEREN to the 2RAD module. However, voice control is not working and I'm also not able to do any bluetooth pairing. It seems that the telephone option is not enabled. My radio now shows something like this. (pic taken from the internet)

Hi,
here are the instructions how to pair your device to your car:
- put your phone in pair mode first(it stays in pairing mode longer than the car)
- hit the menu button and find the phone icon
- select the phone icon
- the word 'pair' should appear on the readout and be an option above a button you can push, plus the readout will start giving you directions.
-select the 'pair' option
- get your phone to search for devices
-it should find your car and display 'BMW and the the last 7 of your vin'
-select this and follow the instructions
-choose a random 4 digit passkey on the phone, then enter the same in the radio when prompted.

As for the mic you might need to go change your mic wiring underthe fuse box. I know for my E92 i had to do that if not the mic didn't work.
good luck!
cheers,
2009 335i E93 /// BSM /// Sport /// Premium /// /// 19" M pack 225 wheels /// M6 wheels winter set /// 35% Tint /// Gloss Black Grills /// PE Exhaust /// Lux H8 V3 /// Interior LEDs /// JB4-DCI /// Combox & CIC Retrofit /// M3 side skirts /// M3 front bumper ///
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2012, 10:23 AM   #70
moreno1
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynomyte View Post
If I have voice command do I need an additional mic or can it be used for both or removed and used as the BT mic only? I never use voice command.

My car is 2007 fully loaded - BT
Dynomite,
The mic is used for both, the voice command and the BT functionality. Before using the VC you need to store the names by voice in your car system, so your voice tags must be manually created before dialing by name. Here are the steps:
- Press the voice input button on the steering wheel.
-Say "SaveName";
- Say the name and repeat the entry upon request.
-Say the phone number upon request.
-Say "Save". After the name and number are saved, the number can be dialed by saying
- "Dial name", Say the name on request.
- Confirm the prompt with "Yes".
Numbers can also be dialed by pressing the phone
button and saying
- “dial number” Follow the prompts once
number is confirmed by the vehicle, and then say “dial number

Folow the link here below for complete instructions for both non-idrive and idrive equipped cars:
http://www.bmw.ca/ca/en/owners/navig...ing_PDF_en.pdf

Hope that will help you out .
Regards,
2009 335i E93 /// BSM /// Sport /// Premium /// /// 19" M pack 225 wheels /// M6 wheels winter set /// 35% Tint /// Gloss Black Grills /// PE Exhaust /// Lux H8 V3 /// Interior LEDs /// JB4-DCI /// Combox & CIC Retrofit /// M3 side skirts /// M3 front bumper ///
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #71
atl32807
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoozee View Post

Hey bud did you ever get this working? i have an 07 with usb/mulf2 already and I just want to know what i need to get it done
Appreciate 0