E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Grinding to a Halt!

07-29-2020, 09:38 AM   #1
Burnzee
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Grinding to a Halt!

Hello everyone this is my first post and look forward to the community insight to this problem that has stumped me.

Story goes I was out driving and decided to get on the gas a little and once I got around 65ish all of a sudden the front of the car takes a nose dive like there is something on the ground trying to drag to me a stop and the dash lights up with the: All Wheel drive system, DSC, ABS, and EMERG EBV malfunction! So loud grinding that I finally slowed down enough to come to a stop then got out and looked to see if like my driveshaft or something was hanging on the ground below the car and nothing... So I'm like OMG I hope I can limp this thing home so a mile later I got it home and it has sat for a few months. Last week I took it out to see if maybe a small slow test drive would let me flush out what it was and when I left the grocery store in the parking lot getting out of 1st gear there it was again the crunch and grind stopped me dead in my tracks, wouldn't let me move forward w/o the awful sounds and resistance. So I put the can in reverse for a second rolled a bit and put it back into 1st and took off to limp it home and of course the dash is lit up the whole time with the same message. It's now in the garage begging for a diagnosis. Please help!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
Burnzee
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335xi

Help!!
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 02:19 PM   #3
tcphoto
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i 6MT Coupe

I would have put it up, pulled the belly pan and done a visual inspection. You wrote that it's in the garage, your garage or a mechanics? It's not going to diagnose itself so I'd be proactive and not ignore it because it will only get worse.