E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E9x KCAN 101

06-28-2023, 10:17 AM   #155
Artyom
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808AWD325xi View Post
0x5FE is the CAN ID of tester on K-CAN, not an ECU.
Can you help me with what my request should look like?
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2023, 10:13 AM   #156
808AWD325xi
Ballin' out of control.
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Can you help me with what my request should look like?
No, it's not something that I'm familiar with.
      09-01-2023, 06:49 AM   #157
Boksa
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 320dx

Very interesting post. I've been reading around on the forum trying to gather some information that might help me diagnose my issue. ( https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2042899 )
Wondering if anyone here could give me some tips on the best way to do it, or at least where to start.
So far no errors in ISTA/INPA...
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2023, 09:56 PM   #158
Dean06
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90

Hi All,

Very nice thread, good guidance and informative,

Just want to share...I have manage to make my memory seat to work with my custom board outside a car. I have memory as what I required. I will retrofit this seat (E90 sport seat) to my toyota car.

But I have some issued as below,

1. When I already set my memory, when I push button 1 or 2 after that, it does not move to the set position. I need to power off the seat and on again then only I can push the 1 or 2 button to the setting position. I think I am missing canbus message to the seat or the message is not send at correct interval,

2. I manage to make the seat move with one touch press, but the movement is not complete to the set position.

Can anyone help me to sniff the canbus message when the memory are activating during both event mention above so I can simulate the canbus messages, as I am not own a BMW car,

Highly appreciate it

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 08:35 PM   #159
Dean06
Registered
Rep
Drives: e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean06 View Post
Hi All,

Very nice thread, good guidance and informative,

Just want to share...I have manage to make my memory seat to work with my custom board outside a car. I have memory as what I required. I will retrofit this seat (E90 sport seat) to my toyota car.

But I have some issued as below,

1. When I already set my memory, when I push button 1 or 2 after that, it does not move to the set position. I need to power off the seat and on again then only I can push the 1 or 2 button to the setting position. I think I am missing canbus message to the seat or the message is not send at correct interval,

2. I manage to make the seat move with one touch press, but the movement is not complete to the set position.

Can anyone help me to sniff the canbus message when the memory are activating during both event mention above so I can simulate the canbus messages, as I am not own a BMW car,

Highly appreciate it

Thanks
Miraculously for point number 2, my seat can do one touch press and the seat will move to setting position completely. But I did simulate canbus signal of door open. Previously its not working but suddenly now its working 🤷*♂️. But have other issue come out which the button for forward and backward now reverse. When I push the button forward, the seat go backward, and vice versa.
Appreciate 0