E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > Plug and play EKP3 w/ heat sinks

04-29-2021, 01:21 PM   #1
The_E92_Fan
V8 Bait
Rep
Drives: your mom

Plug and play EKP3 w/ heat sinks

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Is there any market for an EKP3 with heat sinks, thermal pad upgrade, and a fan attachment that comes with simple instructions to install? I am willing to produce them for those in need especially as more and more owners demand higher fueling requirements.

04-29-2021, 03:09 PM   #2
cali__n54
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

I'd be interested. How much would you be charging for something like this?
Appreciate 1
      04-29-2021, 04:59 PM   #3
The_E92_Fan
V8 Bait
Rep
Drives: your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali__n54 View Post
I'd be interested. How much would you be charging for something like this?
I'm not certain yet. I've purchased materials for a friend to do it to his 2010 335xi while we install a walbro 525, fuel lines, ethanol sensor, and Motiv flex fuel. I can say it will be substantially cheaper than the BMP4 unit, which sells for I think $650. The BMP4 unit is indeed a great solution but it's not the solution everyone needs or wants. For now, I need to do some testing. I purchased an infrared thermometer and will be doing some testing on my friends car while stock, then my car which has a walbro 450 and routinely runs full e85, then various levels of cooling improvements to see the temperature differences. A lot of people have done some level of improvement themselves but there doesn't seem to be anyone willing to fab up some, sans NoGuru but I haven't kept up with his plans.