E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Swift Sport Springs!

09-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #89
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafuerza View Post
Would you stop there or are there other M3 pieces to add since the car is apart already. M3 sway bar or anything in the rear? Don't want to go back to the drawing board later.
M3 subframe bushings. I'd leave the sway bars alone
      09-09-2013, 06:22 PM   #90
lafuerza
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

will the swift r spec drop so low that it looks slammed? Currently have sport suspension.

planning on changing bump stops.

m3 rear bushings I am torn on due to the big install hit.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #91
ashmostro
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4cs | 2022 M550i

No it will be like eibach pro kits. Search for images of those.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 06:54 PM   #92
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
will the swift r spec drop so low that it looks slammed? Currently have sport suspension.

planning on changing bump stops.

m3 rear bushings I am torn on due to the big install hit.
Here are the specs:

335i lowering:

1" in the front and 0.8" in the rear.

Spring rates:

-4kg/mm or 223 lb/in in the front

-11kg/mm or 615 lb/in in the rear
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #93
jwt67
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Here are the specs:

335i lowering:

Spring rates:

What shock would you pair with these springs?

These springs are linear correct?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #94
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwt67 View Post
What shock would you pair with these springs?

These springs are linear correct?
Yes, Swift Spec-R's are linear. Koni Sport Yellows.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #95
lafuerza
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4M Coupe

So 1" front drop from non-sport stock? That's 25mm. Will be pairing with Koni Yellows.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #96
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So 1" front drop from non-sport stock? That's 25mm. Will be pairing with Koni Yellows.
Yes, from non-sport height.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 09:26 AM   #97
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 AW E9X M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
Here are the specs:

335i lowering:

Spring rates:

How do these compare to the Eibach Pro Kit Springs?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:19 AM   #98
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hierlevelz View Post
Eibach Pro Kit spring rates are lower. The "spring rate" sticky shows their rates, compare to what HP Autosport shows.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #99
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Is it safe to say that a progressive spring like Eibach Pk's will "sag" and be "softer" overtime beacuse of its progressive nature as opposed to a linear spring like Swift Spec R's? I am having some wheel fender clearance issues and my thought process is if I swap from Eibachs to Spec R's I can regain some additional ride height and alleveiate my rubbing issues. Swift does market their spring as having a 1.0"/0.8" lowering height front to rear on the 335i vs. Eibachs 1.4"/1.0".
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #100
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Is it safe to say that a progressive spring like Eibach Pk's will "sag" and be "softer" overtime beacuse of its progressive nature as opposed to a linear spring like Swift Spec R's? I am having some wheel fender clearance issues and my thought process is if I swap from Eibachs to Spec R's I can regain some additional ride height and alleveiate my rubbing issues. Swift does market their spring as having a 1.0"/0.8" lowering height front to rear on the 335i vs. Eibachs 1.4"/1.0".
what you say about progressive springs may be true, however in the case of Eibach pro kit, you may be surprised to know (as I was), that they are in fact LINEAR.

Check out this thread. Eibach reps join the thread to answer questions and I asked them about progressive or linear. Posts 11 and 12.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=959982

Before this thread, I called them on the phone, got the same answer: LINEAR. Still, for some reason I didn't believe it

D's Bimmer also confirmed this with respect to pro-kit springs used with the Bilstein B12 kit.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #101
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
is your rubbing in the rear or the front?

if it's in the rear, you could gain ride height with ride height adjusters and 60mm or 2.5 id rear springs, your choice of spring weight. I'm pursuing something similar in order to increase spring rate and maintain ZSP rear height.

for the front, some increase negative camber to work around it.

also for the front, I've looked at but haven't tried BMW performance springs. They might provide a little less drop, are linear, and you can buy them individually.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 01:11 PM   #102
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
is your rubbing in the rear or the front?

if it's in the rear, you could gain ride height with ride height adjusters and 60mm or 2.5 id rear springs, your choice of spring weight. I'm pursuing something similar in order to increase spring rate and maintain ZSP rear height.

for the front, some increase negative camber to work around it.

also for the front, I've looked at but haven't tried BMW performance springs. They might provide a little less drop, are linear, and you can buy them individually.
Its the rears that I am having clearance issues with. So the ride height adjusters with 60mm spring in the rear doesnt affect the attitude of the vehicle given that we would still be using eibach coils at the front? I mean I suppose the car doenst know the difference between brand names right lol? Beside coilover for these cars are essentiallly the same in the rear?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 01:29 PM   #103
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Its the rears that I am having clearance issues with. So the ride height adjusters with 60mm spring in the rear doesnt affect the attitude of the vehicle given that we would still be using eibach coils at the front? I mean I suppose the car doenst know the difference between brand names right lol? Beside coilover for these cars are essentiallly the same in the rear?
I'm guessing you might look a little raked but I think it would be pretty similar if you keep the spring rate close.

The ride height adjuster I chose is also used in the same vendor's coilover kit, I just bought it separately.

I'm ZSP now on heavier duty dampers (BMW PS V1), and I want to increase my spring rate in the back, without lowering. So, I bought ride height adjusters and linear #500 lb springs. Have not installed them yet, maybe in a week or two. I did get some consultation from the vendor on what length to choose and how I might set the ride height adjusters.

I'm thinking too though, if you're happy with your springs, would it be easier to fender roll? Idk I haven't tried that but some folks seem to go after that like it's no big deal(?)
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #104
Hierlevelz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
I'm guessing you might look a little raked but I think it would be pretty similar if you keep the spring rate close.

The ride height adjuster I chose is also used in the same vendor's coilover kit, I just bought it separately.

I'm ZSP now on heavier duty dampers (BMW PS V1), and I want to increase my spring rate in the back, without lowering. So, I bought ride height adjusters and linear #500 lb springs. Have not installed them yet, maybe in a week or two. I did get some consultation from the vendor on what length to choose and how I might set the ride height adjusters.

I'm thinking too though, if you're happy with your springs, would it be easier to fender roll? Idk I haven't tried that but some folks seem to go after that like it's no big deal(?)
I'm going with the HPA Coilover kit specd out by Harold. I had fenders rolled but I'm not 100% convinced they were rolled enough to maximize clearance.
Appreciate 0