E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 320i Wont fire after new fuel pump

02-03-2012, 02:02 AM   #1
dee_bo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 320i

320i Wont fire after new fuel pump

Hey all, long time reader, first time user.

The other day the 320i broke down 5 minutes from home and had to be towed home, car would not fire up at all after shutting off in traffic, the tank was run to the absolute lowest ever - 30kms to empty

I traced it down to a faulty fuel pump - old fuel pump kept blowing the fuse behind the glove box every time i tried to start the car.

Now that i got the new fuel pump installed, the fuse is no longer blowing, i can hear the fuel pump buzzing when the car is trying to start but the engine wont fire up at all, i even bypassed the factory power loom to the fuel pump so i could have it prime a bit longer.

What could be going on here? and where do i start trouble shooting?

* The car will fire up and run for a moment when i spray some 'instant engine starter' through the air intake duct, so i do get a sense i do have fuel feed/line problem some where, but unsure on where to begin

http://www.nulon.com.au/products/Aer...ngine_Starter/

any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated guys!
Appreciate 0