E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Quick Help needed on JB4 install

09-14-2018, 09:51 AM   #23
VolC4n
Rep
Drives: 135i

Hi guys, so i just thought id post in case anyone else did this.. i did it yesterday with the big plug and its NOT easy to get back out without the slider in.. but it does come back out. what i ended up doing was removing the DME slightly from the white box so i could grab both sides of the connector with both hands.. i slightly pulled outwards with my fingers (away from the dme on both sides) in case something was hooked to try slide it over the possible hooks (not sure if this made any difference) .. but it was easier to pull out like this and it came out without too much effort.. the secret is 2 hands.. was pretty much impossible with one..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #24
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

haha nice this thread is 7 years old
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 12:18 AM   #25
JFF67
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC792 View Post
I understand that the sliders should be in, however, I cannot get the small and large box connectors to come off the ECU, so the sliders will not go in right now. Any idea how to get them out? I have tried pulling on them very hard and they don't budge at all.
I just did the same thing today installing my JB4. I mistakenly put the connection boxes back in without the sliders and thought I could pull them back out and it’s like they are cemented in there. After 1/2 hour of trying to get them out I just finished the install and everything works fine, did you ever get them out?
Appreciate 0