E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Comfort access key fob bad

04-17-2019, 11:41 AM   #1
KCPR
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i 08

Comfort access key fob bad

Hi
I had to change my battery since it was not holding charge anymore,happens. After the change my key fob started to act up. It would not always respond to the comfort access or press of a button. It would get worse gradually. It got to the point key fob is unresponsive to anything. I have to use the key to open the car. Car also doesn't start unless the key is in the ignition. I tried to reset the key by putting it into ignition. Holding the lock key and pressing unlock 3 times. Which worked... for like 5 minutes. The moment I stepped out of the cars range it start to work only sometimes, gradually getting worse to the point it became unresponsive. Now i can't get it to reset anymore. Im so confused... anyone had same issue? Replacing key fob battery made no difference. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #2
delmarco
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Deep Sea Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCPR View Post
Hi
I had to change my battery since it was not holding charge anymore,happens. After the change my key fob started to act up. It would not always respond to the comfort access or press of a button. It would get worse gradually. It got to the point key fob is unresponsive to anything. I have to use the key to open the car. Car also doesn't start unless the key is in the ignition. I tried to reset the key by putting it into ignition. Holding the lock key and pressing unlock 3 times. Which worked... for like 5 minutes. The moment I stepped out of the cars range it start to work only sometimes, gradually getting worse to the point it became unresponsive. Now i can't get it to reset anymore. Im so confused... anyone had same issue? Replacing key fob battery made no difference. Thanks!
Check your door actuator and diversity antenna fuses.

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE MY BMW E90 MODS:
http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...Mod&UcId=20832
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 07:51 PM   #3
KCPR
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i 08

Check them they are all fine. I just got the key fob for a minute on my way back from work for couple mins. Hella confused.
Appreciate 0