E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > N43 injector

11-02-2019, 07:58 PM   #1
tondeur
Rep
Drives: 320 m sport

N43 injector

evening all i have a strange one.
I bought the wife a 07 320i a while back whilst i restore her E30.
injector 4 shat it`s self last week and have ordered a replcaement but i found an index 11 realy close for no money so thought it was worth a shot(all others are ind 9) as she`s using my 4x4. and shooting season has just started lol.

i keep the seals in my box so i just swapped it out and ran lovely yesterday without coding as all my scanners were at work(garage).
so tonight i took it to work 20 miles drove the best it`s ever driven. smooth and responsive. so i plugged it into the latest hella unit and opened up the dme and input the codes. job done. 3/4 mile up the road eml and missing like crazy. i returned to work and the injector code was set to 56923(3) not 56923(4) so i thought i`d entered it incorrectly. re entered the code and the unit excepts but then set the code 569 233 despite double double checking. so i re-entered the og injector code and it`s still farting all over the place i should have left it alone! i know i have a new set of injectors on there way but i have the mentality i can`t leave things alone until there resolved.

Would appreciate any insight anyone may have.

Many thanks
Tony
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2019, 08:30 AM   #2
tondeur
Rep
Drives: 320 m sport

so i put the old injector code back in last night and shut the shop and walked away. just taken it for a run and it`s driving as normal with the wrong injector code. could this be a flow rate issue from fitting a later index injector?
im going to take it for a longer run tonight with the live data ill report back
Appreciate 0