E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Autobahn Exotics exhaust - the best exhaust yet

09-18-2009, 04:55 PM   #947
Vicko
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@AEPerformance View Post
Well, in order from loudness it would go like this

Loudest-
Catless Downpipes w/ Catless Exhaust
Catless Downpipes w/ High Flow Catted Exhaust
Stock Downpipes w/ Catless Exhaust
Stock downpipes w/ high flow catted exhaust

Driving around town, if you'd like it as quiet as can be with an exhaust... go with our high flow cats, and keep your stock downpipes. We've never had a complaint about around town driveability even with our standard system without the high flow cats, but its completely relative to your taste for exhaust sound.
Thanks Nick
Iam completely cattless at this moment>> RR cattless dps+ stock exhaust with 2dary cats deleted. The thing is that I havent beeing satisfied with the sound quality especificaly at low rpms betwen 1500 and 2000 rpms. I love performance but I also like my bmw more at the quiet side at normal casual driving, at WOT i Just Dont Care

So please give me your oppion arround this point of view (cattless or HFcats)...

Thanks for your help...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #948
Nick@aep
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: E92 335i 6mt, 996 GT2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post
Install went really smooth, customer was very pleased. Car sounds GREAT!!! Thanks guys!
AWESOME! You are very welcome!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicko View Post
Thanks Nick
Iam completely cattless at this moment>> RR cattless dps+ stock exhaust with 2dary cats deleted. The thing is that I havent beeing satisfied with the sound quality especificaly at low rpms betwen 1500 and 2000 rpms. I love performance but I also like my bmw more at the quiet side at normal casual driving, at WOT i Just Dont Care

So please give me your oppion arround this point of view (cattless or HFcats)...

Thanks for your help...
I would highly highly recommend doing high flow cats with your catless downpipes if you prefer quiet when cruising... however, 'quiet' is all relative in terms of what you are used to. Some have said even a completely catless car with our exhaust is very comfortable for daily driving.

'jpsimon' runs this setup on his car and has been very happy with it for over a year now.

You can check out some of his youtube videos here - http://www.youtube.com/swrtswrt

and ours are here- http://www.youtube.com/aeperformance.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

-Nick

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 07:29 PM   #949
Bagelfast
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

The more Ar catless DP with AE catless exhaust VIDEOS/PICTURES the better, im going that route!!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 08:33 AM   #950
NiVeDh
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i, '99 E36 M3

Garage List
The perfect exhaust. I don't know why I waited so long and tried other ones first.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 11:25 AM   #951
Island Road
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 335i  [10.00]
I have never tried other exhaust but i love my Dual quad. The sound is amazing the quality top notch. I am running Catless PWM DP with Catless AE Quad. I plan on doing a video review when the car is back from the shop!
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #952
lamia2super
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
ya i like their exhuast also and im currently in the market for a new exhuast now
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 12:33 PM   #953
PlutoniumTans
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LUMI335 View Post
The more Ar catless DP with AE catless exhaust VIDEOS/PICTURES the better, im going that route!!
no you're not LIER
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2011, 12:44 PM   #954
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandroad83 View Post
I have never tried other exhaust but i love my Dual quad. The sound is amazing the quality top notch. I am running Catless PWM DP with Catless AE Quad. I plan on doing a video review when the car is back from the shop!
Glad to hear that you're enjoying the AE Performance exhaust system. I can't wait to hear the video so make sure to update us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamia2super View Post
ya i like their exhuast also and im currently in the market for a new exhuast now
The AE performance exhaust system is definitely top notch. It does give the car a deeper/throatier exhaust note. I know that we've been going back and forth via pm so let me know when you're ready to get this setup and I'd be more than happy to assist!
Appreciate 0