E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > X-ph.com

10-05-2019, 05:58 PM   #1
JValenzSD
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 e90 335i/'11 Ducati 848EVO

X-ph.com

I've been a long time customer with this site. I've been overall happy on the buying side and how fast they ship orders. I've ordered a Phoenix racing IM, VTT outlets, MMP Inlets, cabin filters, and referred other BMW enthusiasts to them. But on the exchanging/customer service side I am dissatisfied.

I understand return/exchange policies are there to block abusive customers but for a part that doesn't fit, you'll get a big fat no to return the item, even if you're going to buy a correct part that will fit. If you don't get a big fat no, you'll receive an indirect one by slapping you with fees to discourage the return. This is fine and all but it would've been nice if Mike looked deeper in the customer's situation to try and work things out for an all parties acceptable solution. It's optional but an extra step since every situation is different. But instead, I feel abandoned as a customer left to seek future orders from other vendors who has good customer service. That's okay, i can shop elsewhere and chock it up to a costly learning opportunity.

So I'm left stuck with a charge pipe and a lower charge pipe that will not work with my setup.

In a nutshell, I have 2010 n54 and ordered a vrsf charge pipe to replace my current synapse cp. I have the cx-racing fmic that has intercooler piping that extends way beyond to where the bov flange will be. So the charge pipe is too long. I'd have to either cut the cp or the intercooler piping to make it work. I'd prefer not since the vrsf charge pipe is still new and only fitted for a mock install before I install the silicone couplers and torque down the tbolt clamps. Upon lining it up during the mockup, I can clearly see the cp will not work.

So I ordered vrsf's lower charge pipe to see if that will remedy the situation, it did not. I can also see the lower charge pipe won't work since it's a 2.5" pipe and it doesn't line up with the charge pipe at all. My cxracing uses 2.75" piping and I'd rather keep things the same for my setup. It's not like I'm returning the parts and going somewhere else. I'm needing to order a correct one from them in exchange for the ones that don't fit.

After doing some digging, I found that ER has a shorter version of a cp that would work. And that's the cp I'd like to order from Mike. But as his policy states, it's been over a month and has been installed therefore he cannot accept the return. The lower charge pipe I just received days ago. Still brand new but was charging me restocking fees and on top of that the shipping fees they absorb which is fine making the $45 part not be worth it to return for the exchange.

It would've been nice to try and work this out. Business becomes successful when loyalty from customers are won. I'm always in it for the long haul anyways. So now I am stuck with a charge pipe that is too long and a lower charge pipe that won't even work with my intercooler setup. I may have to order the ER charge pipe from another vendor going forward and sell these parts as used even though they are still new to try and recoup my losses.

@Mike@x-ph.com, I've been a loyal customer since. I'm not asking for anything. You have excellent prices and fast shipping. I've always liked that about your business. It's just leaves me with a bad taste in my mouth seeing how this was handled. I'm just giving a detailed review of your site so others can gain insight. Again your experience may vary since Mike ships his parts fast and has the best prices online. This was my experience on the customer service side of things.

Respectfully,
JV
Speedtech PTE6266CEA Gen2 1.0 A/R T4 Divided, MHD E30, Fuel-It St2, Fuel-It TBI, Tial MV-R, ER CP/BOV, CX-Racing FMIC, 2.5" SS Straight Pipes w/resonators, External PCV w/ Plugged Head, GFB GF3, 4port MAC, PR IM, Ohlin's R&T DFV, M3 Bits, TMS Al SF, MF Diff Bushings, Whiteline PU TA Bushings, ECS RTA, MF 3.46 LSD, RL 75w140NS, Eibach M3 ASB, ECS 2 Pc CD/S Rotors, Hawk HPS+, ECS SS Lines, Motul Dot 5.1, NGK 95706
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00