E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Have not been able to resolve 2C57 in E93 N55

07-09-2020, 12:14 PM   #1
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Have not been able to resolve 2C57 in E93 N55

I've searched extensively about this issue. So far I have replaced the following:

Charge pipe (and IC while at it)
Pressure Control Valve

I have JB4 installed as well. At this time I am stumped. Is there some DIY for determining where the leak may be?

I need help...
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2020, 07:48 PM   #2
CoffeeBean
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 640i M-Sport GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZWIE View Post
I've searched extensively about this issue. So far I have replaced the following:

Charge pipe (and IC while at it)
Pressure Control Valve

I have JB4 installed as well. At this time I am stumped. Is there some DIY for determining where the leak may be?

I need help...
Pressure control valve = boost solenoid?

Have checked all the vacuum lines?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #3
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

New valve. Checked all vacuum with an external vacuum pump.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 10:06 AM   #4
njmian
Rep
Drives: 11' E70 x5 35i, 07' E90 328i

Help anyone?

I have the same issue with my n55, bone stock car. I am getting 25hg of vacuum at full throttle, no boost leaks, pressurized the system to 20psi and it holds.the wastegate closes all the way too. I also took off and dv and it looks like a new. Then i took the inlet pipe and things seemed fine the turbo spinned with finger. So i put a a gopro close to the turbo and watched live feed on my phone, stated the car, starts up normal, the turbo is not spinning at all, give some intermittent full throttle and it only spins when in do that, then stops. After that i placed my smoke machine near the turbo but its not sucking any in, so i thought maybe just maybe then wastegate is not fully closing so i actually closed the wastegate by hand and asked someone to give gas but same thing, the turbo doesn't spin at idle even with wastegate fully closed and at reving it spins very slow. Before all this i was hitting 8psi when i used to rev with the airbox off. Next thing I'm gonna have to take the downpipe off and see if the wastegate fell off or something lol or my turbo is dead but i don't thing so cause the shaft doesn't have any play and it spins freely. Anyone else has this issue.
Appreciate 0