E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > '07 335i IHKA - Accessing Flap Motors

07-13-2020, 10:33 AM   #1
RayLivingston
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sedan

'07 335i IHKA - Accessing Flap Motors

I have at least one IHKA flap motor that is not working (passenger side mixing flap). How do I get access to the RH side of the HVAC box to remove and test the motors? I know it can be done without major disassembly, but still looks like a pretty involved job - remove center console and RH carpet?

Regards,
Ray L.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 03:56 PM   #2
Nando_e90
Second Lieutenant
El Salvador
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLivingston View Post
I have at least one IHKA flap motor that is not working (passenger side mixing flap). How do I get access to the RH side of the HVAC box to remove and test the motors? I know it can be done without major disassembly, but still looks like a pretty involved job - remove center console and RH carpet?

Regards,
Ray L.

Pretty easy. Remove glovebox and underneath panel, and you should see them. This document, p. 14, shows stepper motors location.

http://www.shrani.si/f/2z/Eu/2cbNKAh...te-control.pdf
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 05:19 PM   #3
RayLivingston
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 335i Sedan

"Pretty easy" seems a bit of a stretch. It was a royal PITA!

I got my problem solved, but I'm baffled how it got to the state it was in. It appears to me some moron managed to remove and re-install the right blend motor incorrectly, forcing it to go on the flap shaft in the WRONG position! I had a hard time getting the motor OFF the shaft, and once off, I could NOT put it back on! Looking at the position of the flap shaft, and the motor, there was no way in hell to get them into the correct position so they'd go together in the proper orientation. I ended up prying the motor case open, re-positioning the output shaft, and re-assembling it. It was then easy to get it onto the flap shaft. Found exactly the same thing with the read blend motor!

Some frickin' moron worked on this thing at some point in the past. But it all works now.

Regards,
Ray L.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2021, 05:14 AM   #4
Pa-Beer's e90
South Africa
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i e90

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nando_e90 View Post
Pretty easy. Remove glovebox and underneath panel, and you should see them. This document, p. 14, shows stepper motors location.

http://www.shrani.si/f/2z/Eu/2cbNKAh...te-control.pdf
Many thanks for the attachement .
Appreciate 0