E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Front strut into sleeve help plz!!!!

09-18-2016, 01:21 AM   #1
bmw201113
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i coupe

Front strut into sleeve help plz!!!!

Hey everyone I installed some coilovers two days ago with my buddy and something is bothering me. I go to look underneath the sleeve where the coilover is slid into on the front and I don't know if it's down enough. If anyone can send me Thier email I can send pictures because for some reason it won't let me upload here I've tried cropping the pictures but it's driving me crazy. If I can get some help I would greatly appreciate it thanks in advance!!!
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 09:10 AM   #2
Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw201113
Hey everyone I installed some coilovers two days ago with my buddy and something is bothering me. I go to look underneath the sleeve where the coilover is slid into on the front and I don't know if it's down enough. If anyone can send me Thier email I can send pictures because for some reason it won't let me upload here I've tried cropping the pictures but it's driving me crazy. If I can get some help I would greatly appreciate it thanks in advance!!!
What Coilover kit do you have and do you have xi or I ?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 10:26 AM   #3
bmw201113
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i coupe

I have the fortune auto 500 kit with the swift spring upgrade and I have just the I
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2016, 01:14 PM   #4
dailowill
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M235i

Try uploading the image to photobucket or some other image hosting site and link it here.

I'm going to guess that if you don't think it looks seated all the way, it's probably not. Especially if the coilover has a locating tab which is not seated between the strut clamp. The first time I tried to get my front coilover into the strut spindle housing it took a lot of effort and didn't go far in enough. I tried cleaning the inside of the spindle housing and applying some multipurpose grease on the coilover and it slid right in.
Appreciate 0