E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Sporadic Ticking Noise

06-29-2019, 09:36 PM   #1
KrPa
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Sporadic Ticking Noise

Hello everyone,

I've searched older threads and haven't been able to find a solution. Basically, I have this sporadic ticking noise coming from what sounds like underneath the engine bay. It only comes up when I let my foot off the clutch in first gear, and then disappears as I start accelerating. Fully depressing the clutch in first gear gets rid of the noise. I can hear it most when I'm in a subdivision or a drive through, and have something to echo the sound back to me. The sound seems to get faster as I begin my acceleration, before disappearing completely. The sound does not happen during turns or while slowing down. I've looked around the engine bay and I cannot see any signs of oil leaks from the typical e90 spots. The sound comes up just enough to stress me out thinking there's something wrong.

I'd appreciate any help I can get! Thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0