E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Bmw nightmare

08-01-2019, 12:56 PM   #1
kin100
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E92 335i

Bmw nightmare

Hello everyone I'm new here. I'm having a major issues that's been going on for about two years I have an e92 That just Revs no pedal response. I've replaced fuse box, battery , alternator, throttle body Upgraded DME To MSD81 still just Revs and revs. I'm looking at the jbe next but have no way to know about coding it I tried to set up
Inpa on laptop but it never really ran right, is there a device I can buy that can code or maybe some legit software. The symptoms will be listed below any advice we'll help, Ive been stuck with this car for over 2 years and only put 5,000 miles on it. I would love to get it back on the road

No Pedal Response
Remote key fob doesn't work
Sunroof malfunction
No radio
Car Revs
When it goes into drive pedal is stuck
Cranks but won't start until you try it again Revs for about a min and stalls out

PLEASE HELP any info would be appreciated
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 05:39 PM   #2
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Sounds like you need a code reader! I don't have one, so can't recommend any.

I use a good quality DCAN cable instead, and protool on my android phone. There are other apps which will read fault codes for free. You'll also need a USB OTG cable to connect the dcan cable to the micro USB port on your phone, if you go that route.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
kin1000.00
      08-01-2019, 05:41 PM   #3
kin100
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post

I use a good quality DCAN cable instead, and protool on my android phone. There are other apps which will read fault codes for free. You'll also need a USB OTG cable to connect the dcan cable to the micro USB port on your phone, if you go that route.

Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tambohamilton View Post

Good luck!
Thanks I just ordered the Thor from Bimmer geeks so wish me luck
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 07:54 PM   #4
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

If you have a kdcan cable download ISTA. Bimmergeeks download is easy to set up. You'll need some better software to diagnose rather than just a scanner
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 07:55 PM   #5
kin100
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalcoding View Post
If you have a kdcan cable download ISTA. Bimmergeeks download is easy to set up. You'll need some better software to diagnose rather than just a scanner
Quote:
I've read that coding with a k+d can cable isn't recommended because it isn't icon
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #6
sdbmwcoding
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kin100 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I've read that coding with a k+d can cable isn't recommended because it isn't icon
You can code and diagnose with kdcan no problem. But flashing via winkfp certain modules require ICOM and ISTA/P requires ICOM.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 08:14 PM   #7
kin100
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kin100 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
You can code and diagnose with kdcan no problem. But flashing via winkfp certain modules require ICOM and ISTA/P requires ICOM.
Thank you found the guide going to give it a shot now
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2019, 03:11 AM   #8
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Sounds like you've got the confusion between coding and flashing(/programming), which is entirely reasonable!

Coding is changing individual options in the software of your car's control units. This can be done with almost any reliable cable. If it goes wrong, you'll have to try again - unlikely you can do any damage because of a bad cable.

Flashing or programming is replacing the entire software of a control unit. This can be done with a good quality cable for most modules, but some are sensitive, or take a long time, so require ICOM. If it goes wrong, there's a solid chance of permanently bricking the module.

Reading and clearing fault codes, which is all you need to worry about for now, can be done with almost any cable, and is zero risk. There are lots of free apps which will read and clear codes. This really is the simplest task, though ISTA does have a way of making it complex!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 04:23 AM   #9
blackwing
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

This is an interesting one. Have you tried the Carly adapter and app?
Appreciate 0